HPI-Killers Axial Exo Build & Showcase

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I was VERY upset, and when I screwed the screws to fasten it into place it went snug then snap, snap....

Just about to post more up, getting the cage done now and trying to figure out a way to get the GoPro behind the front seats for some serious driving footage.

Okay here is what i got done today, would love to keep goin but I work tonight so its off to bed I go.

Steering all hooked up and is very tight.
P1080331-1.jpg

Front Bumper
P1080332.jpg

Partial Cage, very very strong composite materials.
P1080333.jpg

A alloy brace that bolts up within the cage I painted.
P1080334.jpg

All hand painted scale affects

Love the wheels!
P1080335.jpg

P1080336.jpg

P1080337.jpg

P1080338.jpg

P1080340.jpg

I'm stuck at work wishing I was building.....

Finally home! And back into the parts tree forest I go!!! :hehe:

Its also a shame they didnt give my any rear light lenses, they gave my the front light bar lenses but no rear.........

Last edited:
Keep up the build lookin good so far!

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

What it's not done yet? finish this thing already! and get us some footage of it tearing stuff up! LOL!!!

Looking really good so far..

Hey! Get off this site. I'm not paying you to complain. :angry:

Can I come back now Ralph, pleaaaasee? I have some pics to add :D

Not alot done yesterday due to waiting for Pro-Lines Powerstroke shocks and motor mount to bolt the cage up. BUT, I picked up some hobby mesh from a craft store and decided to mesh up my cage
P1080343.jpg

P1080342.jpg

Today will be body cut, prep and paint then any other small scale touches I need to add.

Not yet :( one more day :)

This thread isnt popular, am I in the right forum section...?

Finally some color in this build!

And this is the inside, not yet backed and you will not see the pattern until its bolted up :D
P1080344.jpg

P1080345.jpg

I am using green pearl and firey orange pearl also, and obviously black..

Well I got a mailbox STUFFED with packages for me. a half dozen alloy parts for the EXO, the new 5channel TQi tx/rx for it, a new Jato tranny, steering servo & the Axial alloy link kit to make my truck honcho size.

Pics coming after I nap :D

This thread isnt popular, am I in the right forum section...?

Moved to the Projects and Builds section.

---------- Post added at 3:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:59 PM ----------

Great job on the build. Can't wait to see what you came up with for the body.

Woo, not done at all lol but got the cage paneled and scale pieces and parts bolted. I can't believe how much more I have, and I just got those alloys in so even longer now, BUT ALWAYS A BLAST!

On the first picture, the rim of the front hood is a real pale tanish lookin color, but the camera doesn't show it, it is a brilliant purple. This glows orange purple blue and green with differant angles of light, the camera does it no justice....

Enjoy!
P1080346.jpg

P1080347.jpg

P1080349.jpg

P1080350.jpg

Still going at her now and getting excited!

Last edited:
And then came along a huge backfire.....

After recieving my alloy parts, I decided to start replacing the front chassis brace. This brance also holds one side of the steering in place and says loc-tite as you build this part.

Well I can't get the loc-tite to break free and had to cut the old brace off and try to get the screw out but I think its locked in a bearing so it just f'n spins in place....

Nothin like a hiccup in the progress.....

Heating loctited screws with a soldering iron usually breaks them free.

Okay got her off and getting ever closer to done! All I need is the motor mount to be able to mount the cage up...

Pro-Line Powerstrokes
P1080354.jpg

AVS Kit installed
P1080355.jpg

Rear effects i.e spiler, engine radiater.
P1080356.jpg

Hand Xacto cut RCNT sticker.
P1080357.jpg

And now shes tuff
P1080358.jpg

P1080360.jpg

And these are installed.
P1080361.jpg

COME ON MAIL LADY BRING ME SOME GOOD NEWS!!

Any updates yet? This truck is coming together really nice.

Got the motor plate bolted up to the motor, but got discouraged because my front diff is locked up from something either pinching it or binding. So now I gotta disassemble the front end...

Soon though, work whoops my bum so I dont have much energy lately.

And thanks man :D

Sweet looking build! I really like that paint job too!