Hpi baja 5t vs 5b ss

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

v12revo

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm tying to decide on what to get. I read somewhere that the 5B SS has better parts than the 5T does. I dont know what parts they were but i want the Baja 5T & at the same time i want to get the 5B SS & convert it into the Baja 5T because of the fact that it's a kit & it has better upgraded parts. Should i just buy a 5T rtr or?

It really depends....I like the 5b better myself. Also the $200+ price tag on a body shell for the 5t really puts me off in a bad way.

It really depends....I like the 5b better myself. Also the $200+ price tag on a body shell for the 5t really puts me off in a bad way.

yeah i would'nt want to mess up that body.

first thing is the 5b ss and the 5t use the same "upgraded" parts. same things. if anything the bt has some other cool option like dirt de-flectors and plastic pullstart cover. second, the 5t shell is around 200, its very durable and could withstand alot of abuse, BUT the new proline "rat" body is only $120. the 5t also jumps better then the 5b,(air flows over the shell smoother). and the 5b ss tires dont last long. maybe 2 tanks. the pin spikes wear quickly and tires rip easly. the 5t tires last a good while and are taller too.. go with the 5t if you can. the kit is nice, but you will have to pretty much take apart the rtr anyway to re-thread lock it and do your pre-run check out.. remember, the ss kit doesn't come with reciever pack($48)

first thing is the 5b ss and the 5t use the same "upgraded" parts. same things. if anything the bt has some other cool option like dirt de-flectors and plastic pullstart cover. second, the 5t shell is around 200, its very durable and could withstand alot of abuse, BUT the new proline "rat" body is only $120. the 5t also jumps better then the 5b,(air flows over the shell smoother). and the 5b ss tires dont last long. maybe 2 tanks. the pin spikes wear quickly and tires rip easly. the 5t tires last a good while and are taller too.. go with the 5t if you can. the kit is nice, but you will have to pretty much take apart the rtr anyway to re-thread lock it and do your pre-run check out.. remember, the ss kit doesn't come with reciever pack($48)

I'm gonna start my Baja 5T hunt now. Thanks for your input. I had rounded off what i was going to spend on the parts & everything to make the 5B into a truck & it rounded off to around $500 :eek:...

the 5T is an SS. with a truck body and mounting setup is all.

both the SS had 5T have upgraded parts compared to the rtr baja, or even the newer V2 baja 5B. the T has a 19t idler gear in the tranny where the Bs have a 20t.
the SS comes with the HPI Tuned pipe, the T dont.

ok so its just diferent gearing in the tranny & a tuned pipe. I thought it was more than that like better diff housing & shocks ect....

Diff housing and shocks on the 5T are the same as the SS.

Back