hot nasty bad a** speed

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much more power....I found a couple of .28s that I'm going to get set out to ERCM

I have an abundance of extra aluminum savage diff cups, can I use those as a replacement for the vorsa cups you used?

Since talking with you I've decided to severely lighten my on-road savage. That's kinda why I started looking at carbon fibres for the middle of the chassis...I'm also liking that RPM a-arms are lighter and in-expensive.
This is my new problem...I have FLM chassis parts coming, V2 shocks that should also almost be here.....and I'm still waiting for a e-mail from dejan over at alza about the 5T TVPs.

How much more power....I found a couple of .28s that I'm going to get set out to ERCM

I have an abundance of extra aluminum savage diff cups, can I use those as a replacement for the vorsa cups you used?

Since talking with you I've decided to severely lighten my on-road savage. That's kinda why I started looking at carbon fibres for the middle of the chassis...I'm also liking that RPM a-arms are lighter and in-expensive.
This is my new problem...I have FLM chassis parts coming, V2 shocks that should also almost be here.....and I'm still waiting for a e-mail from dejan over at alza about the 5T TVPs.

I believe hes away at the moment, he has a message on his main page sayin hes gone or somethin.

The alloy diff cups that come stock use a 10mm bearing, the vorza mod use a smaller mount for the bearing, 8mm. So no they will not work. Vorza diff housings are cheap anyways. My speed savage is probably in the high 8lb range now that the front diff is out. Before that it weighed 9.6lbs.

Just got my picco .28s in the mail, yesterday. I managed to find the OFNA piccos the ones with the blue heat sink, mine don't say P3 on the side of crank case though. I might still order a pair of picco/boost .28s, once I get out of camp.....work sucks!, I'd rather be bashing!.

Has anyone tried the nova .28-7t.....seems a bit pricy, but that just makes me wanna know more about them!.....cause the 2 piccos I just bought are the same price as one nova .28-7t, so what's so great?

If you bought the ofna 51232 then you have the Picco 28 which is the same as the P3 and Evo 2. It's the part number you need correct. Plus the new Picco boost is the same as the piccos you have, only difference is the boost has a turbo button and longer carb needles. The rest is the same.

The nova, it is a top dog right there with the Picco, but for the price and threads I've read about bearing failure, my money goes to the Picco. The nova is a strong motor, but IMO my ERCM piccos will take it any day of the week.

What does a turbo button do, should I/can I get them for my piccos?
I've got a case of werks 30%, what kind of glow plug should I use
If elevation matters I'm anywhere from 1800'-2150' above sea level

I was told about the possibility of a bearing failure in the novas, what I was old was to order up some ceramic T.K.O bearings....? Should I get them for my piccos as well?

The only thing you need for your picco's are Mcoy #59 plugs for break-in and Mcoy #8 for performance tuning, that's one of the reasons I like the picco's so much. I also take the time to cover all the info you need when your ready to break them in.

I managed one day off, so I'm home...and guess what I found, one of my picco .28s is a bump start, the other is a pull start? Now what do I do with it.

At least I tink it's a bump start....I've never seen one up close.

Last edited:
Send it back and get the right one, you can't start it in a savage. The cost to change it over to a pull start will be well over half the cost of the engine.

Ok, just so I know what will it fit in?.......can I use a rope and pull start it?...haha

---------- Post added at 12:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:43 PM ----------

I thought it was a steal of a price at 295.00 for both, might have been too good to be true?

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

eBay purchase, can I just send the one back?

It will work in any RC that has the bump start option, like flat pan chassis buggy's, truggy's and on-road cars, You will need a starter box as well. If it was listed as "two" pull start picco .28's then I would say yes you can return it as it's obviously not a pull start, how many engines did they have in stock?

I could use a bump start picco for my on-road :)

Trade, give me a shout when you get a chance.

I'm missin a pull start

I suppose these are the ones
Still kinda wondering if I should order up a nova....clocked maybe!

Last edited:
Ok been wondering what to do with this bump start over the past week:

Can I mount a EZ-start to it?...if so can I still mount it in a savage?
how hard is it to install a picco .28 bump start into a revo?

It's coming down to ring/pinion gears, and more servos

For ring/pinion I have 2 sets of the 29/9, but I've just seen the helical ring/pinion set from hot racing. Anyone tried them yet?

As for servos I cleaned house managed to sell off a bunch of my hobby stuff, some I shoulda kept...anyway now I find myself in need of a set of servos for my FLM chassis anyone got any ideas....I like the protek speed servo and the protek torque servo just cause they can be had in an aluminum case.

Back