hop ups needed with the wasp .26

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satanic savage

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hi. I am going to buy the wasp .26 in a while, so i really need to know wich oter mods i should do to keep things runnin' :shrug: . I am new to this hobby, but i know that this engine has gobs of power, and i would like to know wich parts you guys broke with this engine installed. Please help! Thanks alot.
Please excuse my bad typing, i'm from Holland so i'm not that goog in english :p

satanic savage said:
Hi. I am going to buy the wasp .26 in a while, so i really need to know wich oter mods i should do to keep things runnin' :shrug: . I am new to this hobby, but i know that this engine has gobs of power, and i would like to know wich parts you guys broke with this engine installed. Please help! Thanks alot.
Please excuse my bad typing, i'm from Holland so i'm not that goog in english :p (by the way i've got the Savage SS, and i already installed a titanium 49T spur gear from gpm) and an aluminum brake disc adaptor from gpm).

i would wait a few more weeks and get the wasp.28 it will be under 200.00 from tower

I have not had that engine but from what I hear there are a few things you will want to upgrade. If you are running stock wheels then you might want to change them, many people have stripped out their hex hubs. You might want some CVD's or at least get some extra HD Dogbones. Also you might need to play around with the gearing if you don't want wheelies. Since you already got the brake disc adapter and the spur gear I think that's everything.

What hop ups with the wasp .26

Hey, thanks for the advice. And h1111, i pay 240 us dollars for the wasp. 26, so a .28 would like cost me about 320-350 dollars here in Holland. Everything in rc is much more expensive than in the states.

just remember be patient with the tuning and the break in and you shouldnt have a lot of problems. i would recomend the hd dogbones too or the cvds.
savager

wow that is insane prices,infact a guy on ebay from some country used to send me money to buy him stuff for his boat (real boat) and i would send it to him as samples no wonder why shits to expensive there....gosh how much is a big mac?

my wasp .26 shipped out today from tower. after the front page save-code deal it cost me 169.99 shipped. it should be here by this weeknd, i will post a follow-up on the break in, tuning and power compared to what i have ran in the savage, an S-25 and the xtm 24.7. i will be running a hot bodies pipe, the xtm seems to love it..but i think it may be too small for the .26. ill probably try the GH single stinger pipe as it seems to be one of the bigger pipes on the market and is a good price for me. so far all i have upgraded to my driveline is 4-spider diffs. will see what i can tear up.

Thanks for the advice everybody, it helped alot with my hop up choices.
Greetz, satanic savage :D :chillpill

I have the Picco .26 and the only thing I've had to change out so far is the spur (but the mesh may not have been correct) EVerything else has held up so far.

wasp .26 on 30% nitro....rediculus power.....all stock escept for 4-spider diff mod. so far no problems. jsut make sure the gear mesh is right.

hb1111: wow that is insane prices,infact a guy on ebay from some country used to send me money to buy him stuff for his boat (real boat) and i would send it to him as samples no wonder why shits to expensive there....gosh how much is a big mac?
That big mac would be around 2 dollar 70 cents

thats the same as here right? I've never got a big mac by it self, only in the number one value meal. and i dont even know how much that is haha.

hb1111 said:
i would wait a few more weeks and get the wasp.28 it will be under 200.00 from tower
Do you know the exact date when the Wasp .28 will be released?? Under 200 sounds very nice, I'm thinking about getting but I don't when it comes out. Thanks!

The new Wasp .28 looks alot like the Fantom .27

Same HP too. 2.9

hi anyone got a picture of it ?
can u put it on if you do
i am talking about the wasp .28
thanks

cool, will there be alot of diffrence in power between that and the standard savage 21 engine and if there is will it be better acceleration or top end?

Thanks

There will be a fairly large differecnce in power I would assume. The stock savage engine is around $140, and has a claimed 2.3 HP. The Wasp .28 cost $195 and has a claimed 2.9 HP. I have no experience with either engine but can assume there will be a pretty big difference in power in all RPM ranges. Hopefully soon I will have some experience with the Wasp .28 :D !!!!

ok, thanks if or when u do can u tell me thanks, are there any others that you might recomend that are cheap with better power

you can get a picco .26 outlaw or a wasp .26, they are both great engines and never had any trouble.

Back