Holy Imp poop, Doom 3 comes out tomorrow!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have played it, and IMO it sucks. No offense to anyone, but I do not find pleasure in it at all. Predictability is bad in a game. Having to get major hardware to play the game is bad, especially when most of the game is dark. What's next? 5Ghz PV with 2Gb DDR and a 1Gb DDR GF10K to render millions of shades of black?

One of my co-workers is a Doom freak and he loves it. More power to him, but to me it is nothing but hyper tension on a couple CD's.

I've played Quake and UT04, and find them fun to play, but it gets a tad monotonous and the pace is a bit too fast for me. I prefer the other sims like MoH and CoD where the physics are more realworld (along with the weapons) and the objectives are (you got it) more realistic. True, the gfx in those probably don't match up to Doom3, but the playability (to me) is greater.

If I want to "be scared" by something, all I have to do is wander arround my neighborhood at night wearing only boxers.

To each his own for sure. I am not one to say this game is the best but deff one to own and beat imo. All people game for different reasons and hence the huge market and many genres (sp?). I for one will beat this poop!!!!!!!!! Progess so far: Got to Delta Labs 2 now I am elbow deep in it!

Finally made it past all 4 levels of Delta Labs and now the fun begins. Anyone says that has played the game all the way through so far that it is so worth playing it just so you can get to the level I just achieved: HELL, thats right Satan's lil playground and all I can say is holy poop....................

HumboldtBlazer said:
Mcvickj did you pass that level yet? Its after communications where you send the message you go out the air lock to recycling. I have killed everyone in that building what now? Anyone?

Glad to hear you got your problem fixed. After reading a little further down I see that you found out where you had to go. Just before I left for the ECB2 I reached the last level of the Delta Labs. After I finish getting unpacked and unwind for a little while I might try to knock out that last level tonight. :)

Anyone been lookin into to the This site's a hack (fake) stuff about halo 2 having an early release date or demo? I hope it comes out early Halo 2 is gonna be the best game of the year.... Hopefully.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcvickj said:
Glad to hear you got your problem fixed. After reading a little further down I see that you found out where you had to go. Just before I left for the ECB2 I reached the last level of the Delta Labs. After I finish getting unpacked and unwind for a little while I might try to knock out that last level tonight. :)

Delta Labs 4 is like 3 rooms, 2 rooms with stuff to reload and one room to kill 2 really big guys! I am to the Guardian of Hell and OMG is it hard!

all I got to say is technically this game wins hands down.