Brute Force is out TODAY!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HumboldtBlazer

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
If your an Xbox fan like me you have been much anticipating the release of Brute Force. If you dont know already what the games about then here you go :

Instantly take control of any one of your four highly specialized super-commandos in Brute Force, a new action-packed sci-fi squad-based shooter. Whether the encounter requires stealth, tactics, sniping, or just Brute Force, your team is ready and able. Experience the intensity of a shooter with the cunning strategies of team-based tactical combat. Play alone through six different worlds in the extensive single-player campaign, or grab up to three of your friends to jump in on-the-fly in Dynamic Co-op mode. Battle it out in a multitude of competitive deathmatch modes as well.

Some nice bonuses you get with the games HALO 2 MOVIES, SCREENSHOTS AND MORE GALOUR. I will post some of the Halo 2 movies prob a little later today!!! Ewww I can't wait HALO 2 and its gonna be live baby!:alien:

This is one of a few games that I have been waiting for. From all the reviews I have read this sounds like it will be as good, if not better than Halo. Well that is until Halo2 comes out. Hopefully there is still a copy around Best Buy when I get outta work. :) If not I willl just play some more football online.

I pre reserved mine!! whewhoo:dance:

I cannot beleive mcvickj and I are the only ones who have been waiting for this game. The release dates kept getting pushed back and pushed back. It was supposed to come out last fall.

Heheh...I have a subscription to the offical XBox mag with demo discs. They did a big review about it a month or two. It left me drooling in the end. But they never sent me a demo. :( I was really hopeing for one before the release date.

Originally posted by WoodiE
never even head of it. :wtf:

Uh best thing since sliced bread I mean combat!. Do you own a Xbox Woodie? Go read about it on www.gamespy.com

Nope - I dont own a X-Box....don't really have a need for one. I've had a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, PS1, and even a PS2 and none of them really got played. Sure they where fum for about a month then I stopped playing them.

After the PS2 I pretty well said I wont buy anymore console games. If I play games it's on the computer thats it...and bout the only game I play on the computer is Half Life Team Fortress Classic - Old? Yes! though I still enjoy the darn thing, before that it was Duke Nukem 3D over the network...now that was a game!

-Michael

Doom was a great game! I still remember playing over a 28.8 modem connected to another friend going into the wee hours of the morning. :)

No WarCraft 3 Woodie? Thats a sweet PC game probably the best IMO.

I've never played WC3 - I've played WC 1 and 2 and didnt care for either, though I've been told many times that WC3 is better.

-Michael

Its the same with better graphics and more stuff. If you didnt like the first 2 then dont bother. I too like PC games as they are what got me into gaming in the first plcae. My Xbox is a PC P3 700 128 mb ram 5 gig HD it just has a nifty controller. I am also stuck on the new Zelda Wind Waker. That is the BEST game I 've played in about 4 years.

You really think Wind Waker is that good? I own ever unit that Nintendo has released except for the GameCube. The reason I never purchased it was becuase most of the games really didn't appeal to me. They seemed almost too cartoonish and aimed for like 10 - 17 age group. Of course I have played all of the Zelda's Mario's, Metroid's and a few other great games that Nintendo has released.

I am debating about getting a GC. Best buy is running an offer for a free game with the purchase of a GC. So I could get Zelda for free. Hmm...so tempting. The reason I didn't jump right on it was because I thought they ruined the Zelda series because of the cartooonish appearance. Of course from what I have heard the gameplay is awesome.

You haven't played WC3 WoodiE? You are right about 1. I didn't like that one but I loved playing 2. Countless hours playing the BNET version. I love WC3. It is a LAN favorite when friends get together.

Dude dont even think about it ZELDA is the BEST game period!!! I didnt like when I saw before they released it that they were changing the look to cell shading but eeeweee its so NICE! I can't say enough about it the game sucks you in and never spits you out. The game has no glitches and is so polished and well though out. GC has the new Metroid and it rocks, F-Zero (remember that game) comes out in August. I had to get the GC at least for nastalga (sp?). I also bought that new Gameboy Advance thats like a flip phone. The thing has surprisingly good graphics.

I was also thinking about getting the GB Advanced. I heard it is compatable with all of the older GB games. Thats a really cool move on Nintendo's part. And that it doubles as a map for Zelda? Or something like that. You bet I remember F-Zero. It was a pretty cool game in its day.

So where is the short review on Brute Force? How is the game play? I won't be able to get it until this weekend so I want some details. :)

It more than doubles as a map in Zelda:)
You can access areas only available with the GBA, get weapons and all kinds of sercrets you cannot get without the GBA.

I got as far as the opening mission on campaign. I had yard work and house work I had to do because an appraiser is comming to my house @ 6:00p tonight but after that I will play play play. I got to see the trailer for Halo2 on it though. Gawddammit I have to wait until like Feb of next year to play it. I pre-reserved it yesterday though.

GameStop or as its called in other places Software ECT or Bagabies or something
www.gamestop.com

Ok here we go:

Graphics: AWESOME!
Story: is good enough to keep you interested but not Stellar...yet.
Gameplay: Took me about 5 minute to get the hang of aiming not as easy to pick up as Halo was.

Tip for control
The left stick moves your character
The right stick controls aim and the characters head.
Dont try to keep adjusting the right stick all the time like in Halo where it was fluid. What you want to do is use the left stick mainly and tap the right stick in very small amounts to get his head pointed in the right direction.
Killing in this games is awesome, caranage is good. I like when you kill someone you can keep shooting their body and it keeps taking damage until is hamburger (kinda realistic)
This game is a purchaser and not just a weekend renter. I have only played the campaign mode but there are your deathmatch modes a plenty to keep you and your friends busy for awhile. One thing I like about the game is you start with Tex and have to complete a few missions to gain all 4 members of your squad. Your 4 person squad shares an inventory which is a good thing bad thing as the friend I was playing with wasn't as good and kept using all my medikits I saved up. It is nice though the game doesn't let the other players take your last medikit so you will at least have 1 left. I will post more as I have time to play it.

So far its a solid 9 on scale of 1-10

Last edited:
Back