Heard something at my local hobby store.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It time to put a stop the lhs bs and fight back and buy online and make the stupid lhs suffer hahahhahahhahh

Let's not forget that the biggest supporters of our hobby are the hobby shops. Even though the majority of my shopping is done online, it is mainly because my LHS does not carry the items I need and also because their shop hours are worse than the banks. Without the LHS where would you go if you needed a critical part and couldn't wait a week to get it?

Of course not all hobby shops offer the same level of customer service, but there are many that do excel at servicing the customer and that is crucial for keeping a beginner in the hobby. Those are the ones that get my business.

Last edited:
I wish I could agree with sweet again... but this time... NOPE... it took one idiot within the industry to make me a ONLINE only shopper...
Funny, just wrote a post 'bout that
REVOME

It's too bad you don't have more shops in your area RevoME, then you can pick and choose who you do business with. There are two shops in my area that I will absolutely not do business with. Fortunately I have 4 other shops that I can go to when needed.

I went to online-only after working in a local hobby shop. It's one thing to be a buyer; it's another thing altogether to be ordered to sell stuff like traxxas bandits over RC10/XXX's to non-racers, and selling performance tires to people that only race.

Naturally, I disobeyed orders whenever I had the chance. Customer got what they wanted, as long as it was something I could easily accommodate (like a sale). And of course, if it was a first-kit, I cut deals left and right. Buying a Maxx? Here's a free 6cell pack, gallon of fuel, fueler bottle, 12aa's and charger (the before-tax was $439). Troubles? Bring it back and talk to me, my hours are such-n-such, I'll have it back to you same-day provided parts are in-stock. Otherwise, exchanges, those were the managers' domain.

After working in a shop like that, I've learned that LHS's that deserve the revenue are few and far between. I only buy fuel locally, unless I need glow plugs or fuel line. Everything else is from this forum, eBay, Tower, and Horizon directly.

The hobbyshop in question closed a while ago. While you do have bad shops, there are varying factors in what makes them bad. Is it the employees? The owner? Location? Policies? Prices? You have to weigh the good with the bad, and decide if you want to support them or not.

lol reading this reminds me of a christmas a few years back my father went to the closest hobby shop around.. shaefers spelling? to buy me a novack rooster for my elec stampede they told him it wouldnt work the the msc was much better and that it would go slower lol.. they mainly ony carry traxxas. no tamiya at all. Also they have a bad attitude I've bought parts for my trucks there and they grabbed them off the shelf and tossed yes tossed them on the counter... and with a sigh is that all. i gues spending 10 bux once every few weeks isnt enough to give me decent service.

I have one hobby shop 5 minutes from me. They act like they are doing you a favor when they are waiting on you. Needed a set of a-arms for my x-term. He said he would order them, be a week. After 4 weeks I decided to order on-line. Hobby People had them to me in 3 days. Haven't been back to that store since.

There are 2 hobby shops about an hour from me. If I need fuel, I go to one of those. Guy here is $10 more on a gallon. I know I spend more on gas for the ride than I save. But both of them will help anyway they can. I usually try to make a list of what I need before I go and get other stuff.
One of the shops I'll make the drive just to look and BS with the owner. (Hell of a guy.) But I'll always end up buying something. :naughty:

Last edited:
Savage X (Tough as nails)

I blew through a Ice patch full throttle, and smoked a oak tree with a rear wheel, snapped the upper arm, and that was it. I was amazed at how tough these trucks are. I am currently running a Savage-X F4.1 (Wicked trucks) I am looking for a bigger engine. What is out there for compatibility?

i never broke anything on my savage... stripped a few spurs and blew up a motor. but that was it.

Back