Got my new X1-CRT today!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Scott,

I used the B throttle linkage. The one with the thumb screw adjuster. I had to modify the servo horn a bit but it is a much nicer setup than building the two linkages. What did you end up using?

Tom

Hey Tom,

I ended up using the "A" linkage after doing some research over on www.truggyracers.com .The majority of people used either the "A" setup or custom made their own.With this being my first 1/8th scale vehicle I went with the popular choice.Let me know how the B is working and any other items you find along the way and I will do the same!Hey how is the buggy build going?:buggy1: :redbuggy:

Ok,so I ran my 10th tank through her today and she is really coming to life!I love this truck it is friggin AWESOME:breakdown .I have had only couple of small problems until today.This was by far the biggest damage to date.I managed to somehow,and don't ask me how,to have the pipe mount come loose and rip the whole front of my pipe off!It is hilarious looking and is louder than hell.I am done running it for obvious reasons,but now have to get a replacement.It is a JP-1 and I never thought this would end happening of the crap that can go wrong with R/C cars.Has anyone ever seen this happen or is it just a freak thing that happened to me???

IMG_0428.gif

Nope i didn't hit a thing,and now that you mention it I will email it to Jammin' and see what they say.

^^^ WTF?!?!?!? man, i can't help but laugh LOL. How you did that without even jumping blows my mind! O well, poop happens. I've been seeing the Jammin pipes go pretty cheap on ebay, might be able to pick another one up for a good price. Sorry about the pipe, I would probably kill myself.

I am not sure if I will get the same pipe now or a different one.What do you all think?I am running a OS30VG and mainly just bashing/fun racing my buddies 1/8th scales.I want to get the right pipe and am not to concerned with the price.Reasonable price would be nice however.
Thanks in advance,
~Scott

I say get another, maybe a JP2, the 30VG will have TONS of low end, might need to even it out. Id take a JP2 over my RB 9886, i just decided this weekend.

I like the HPI ribbed pipe for the larger big blocks.....cheap and cheerful and loud enough to wake your neighbor's in less than 5 seconds......

psunitro said:
Two words.....spring thing

http://www.gmksupply.com/html/gmk_0100.html

Looks weird, but it works.

But it wont help your pipe mount from coming loose!

Thanks Psunitro,
I actually emailed Jammin' and Jay was nice enough to get right back to me and let me know that there is a problem on the truggies with flex.THey have resolved this with a product just like you posted.He also said that he will replace the pipe for me.I am a happy boy!!!:banana: :banana:

Dooley said:
Thanks Psunitro,
I actually emailed Jammin' and Jay was nice enough to get right back to me and let me know that there is a problem on the truggies with flex.THey have resolved this with a product just like you posted.He also said that he will replace the pipe for me.I am a happy boy!!!:banana: :banana:

Way cool man...
When In doubt email them You never now what is going to happen...
Just ask monkey wrench!

Dooley said:
Thanks Psunitro,

COOL! Yeah, I have heard that flex has been a problem with the CRT's in that area. The "spring thing" is still a good idea for all 1/8th!

OK so I got the pipe from Jammin' and all is well in my book.What a great guy to stand behind his product.I even got their official spring to with it,I am a happy man.

Back