Got Me a Rock Crawler

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RushRC said:
I have to get crawler now...
Clod seems to be the most popular - no one is looking into the TXT-1? I am. From what I have learned you basically extend the wheelbase and move the shocks and you have a crawler with good articulation - anyone hear different?

The TXT has very good articulation straight out of the box. Most crawler guys recommend 70-80 degrees of articulation and the TXT has it. A lot of crawler guys or using solid axles with tyrannies and shafts (shafty) and have great success with them. Many people use the Twin Force as a starting point but the Twin Force and TXT are both high price starting points. The good thing about using a shafty is true 4wd when you lock the diffs....No motor stall in any condition. As NCnitro said the TXT is a little top heavy in stock form but other than that it's a awesome truck.

Thanks SMaxxin and NCNitro(AKA NCCrawler) But in real 1:1 the drivetrain is present meaning you have driveshafts. I have seen peeps using revo axels for the driveshafts. As for being top heavy i understand that by moving the shocks that eliminates the problem. Also does the TXT use one or 2 motors?

THX

TXT uses two motors, but if you look at the shafty crawlers used in competition they all use one motor. Slower is better

do they run liPos with these setups?

ED, can't you just work on that old boat of yours instead of getting caught up in something new??

was that a low blow?

You all need to go to rccrawler.com. All questions will be answered.

As far as the TXT-1 goes, most people cut the bottom of the chassis and end up lowering the overall stance if the truck. Add one 55T lathe motor, a GD600 gear reduction unit, Revo drive shafts, do away with the cants and run the shocks direct to the axles, add your choice of tire and crawl away. There is nothing wrong with a shafty.

NCNitro said:
That looks pretty cool, what is it, a Blizzard?

Yup. Blizzard EV, with a 1/10 scale body.

NCNitro said:
No Thanks, been there, don't like the attitude.

Really? What attitude. I've done a lot of research there and I have seen no evidence of that. Either way, you don't have to post there to learn. That site has a lot of very good crawler info.

DarthRacer said:
Really? What attitude. I've done a lot of research there and I have seen no evidence of that. Either way, you don't have to post there to learn. That site has a lot of very good crawler info.

The attitude sucks big time..Try to talk to bigfoot he is a real prick!

Just remember, every board has it's share of pricks. It can be tough as a noob to post on an established forum that has a hardcore group of members.

DarthRacer said:
Just remember, every board has it's share of pricks. It can be tough as a noob to post on an established forum that has a hardcore group of members.

If I'm not treated with a certain amount of respect... the same respect I give. Then the elitist assholes of any forum can go fiddlesticks themselves. I can get my info other ways....

damn those are some nice rock crawlers.dammit guys now i want one lol.

Well it's not pretty but I just bought the start of a crawler LOL. The chassis looks like a Zilla II that has been hacked up, but It has good axles, a nice set of shocks, stock clod tires that will get cut, chrome wheels. and some type of cheap radio all for $145.00 shipped to my door. I'm not worried about the chassis because I have been wanting to try to build one.

car02cc4eo.jpg

PS: I love to find things on ebay that the seller has no idea what he/she is selling LOL :cheers:

Last edited:
DarthRacer said:

Badger is a staff member. He has a power trip syndrome going on, and speaks to people like poop. They can go fiddlesticks themselves! Why are you so hardcore to defend these pricks? RCC SUCKS!

NCNitro said:
Badger is a staff member. He has a power trip syndrome going on, and speaks to people like poop. They can go fiddlesticks themselves! Why are you so hardcore to defend these pricks? RCC SUCKS!

Why? Because the same stuff some of you are complaining about that happens over there has happened here as well. I've been here long enough to see it. There is a core group of people here that can act and will act in a similar manner. Don't ask me who because I will not call anyone out.

DarthRacer said:
Why? Because the same stuff some of you are complaining about that happens over there has happened here as well. I've been here long enough to see it. There is a core group of people here that can act and will act in a similar manner. Don't ask me who because I will not call anyone out.

Yea I agree, Imbroken is such a power hungry egotistical prick....

msly said:
Yea I agree, Imbroken is such a power hungry egotistical prick....

LMAO...
Just remember bud... That crawler's bein shipped to my house.. lol :hehe:

Back