Going Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm new to brushless and lipo's i bought a charger off ebay anda couple brushless setups and haven't had a problem yet.
besides tearing up rc cars. apparently the brushless systems are too much for what i'm running... lmfao

MIP SUPER DIFFS are one of the best upgrades. The gear mesh is hard to set with spur and pinion, and it took me 3 spur gears to get it right.....

I run a CC Mamba 6800kv in both my RC18T and RC18R. Extremely reliable motor/ESC combo. I ran 7-cell and 6-cell NiMh packs in both. They tend to limit acceleration because of the current output capability of the packs. I am getting ready to start running LiPo in my RC18R this weekend. Unfortunately I ordered a 3s 11.1v pack instead of a 2s 7.4v. The control issue with the 3s is going to be an issue with me. The cost of the packs isn't that much more for a LiPo than a new NiMh pack. The brushless combo will work with the stock pack until you want to upgrade. Two upgrades I would suggest are going to CVDs and Deans Connectors on the battery pack.

most definitly deans connectors.. Due to certain life changes, RC has been put on hold for a while, at least no nitro... but I have been running my rc18 knock off (pro pulse/megatech) seeing that i have tons of parts for it. But, when the dust settles, i plan on aquiring MIP super diffs and some aluminum dogbones. at least to start beefing up the drivetrain for brushless.

Back