fuel tank

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guru350

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
does anyone know of a bigger fuel tank for a tmaxx 3.3

I don't believe there is a larger tank for your truck but I could be wrong, I know that the REVO tank is 150cc so if you could rig that tank to work you could use it...

A lot of people use the 150cc Ofna fuel tank but it requires some repositioning of the battery box. It fits pretty good alongside the tranny. I was going to use that tank and they move the battery pack to the rear where the stock tank is. The hassle is you need to extend the wires etc........

I haven't found a drop-in 150cc tank yet. Sure would be nice.......... If somebody made a tank w/o the cutout for the EZ-start it would probably be 150cc and could be mounted in the stock location. Then use a rotostart/tiger drive or pull start and you'd be good to go.

what about if you heated up the tank where the ez-start was and worked the indent out

what about if you heated up the tank where the ez-start was and worked the indent out

heating and stretching the plastic you would run the risk of a weak spot or even a hole which would allow air into the fuel flow

I think if you were careful and not get too greedy you should be fine

yea the ofna fuel tank is bigger than the orignal tank

Here's a link to the Ofna 145cc "violator" fuel tank many people use. The stock tank is 125cc I think.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHTA0&P=7

If you check some of the photo galleries you can find pix of that tank installed. It's not a "drop-in", normally it's mounted along side the transmission and the other components are rearranged to suit.

I agree that it would be nice to find a 150cc "drop-in" tank that locates in the stock position. I just haven't run across it yet.

I'm still trying to find a 125cc tank to replace the stupid 75cc tank on my NTC3 and not having too much luck.

i know theres alot of people that use two fuel tank in unison to each other, like having the stock one. than say having a 50 or 75cc hidden somewhere out of the way so they work together. i think that will solve your problem and deal with the clearance and space issue. I'm sure you can find a 50 or 75cc tank to tuck away somewhere.
just check the site on how to set up the 2 fuel tank system and your golden. was thinking about doing this for bash in sessions with my revo but never got around to it

i know theres alot of people that use two fuel tank in unison to each other, like having the stock one. than say having a 50 or 75cc hidden somewhere out of the way so they work together. i think that will solve your problem and deal with the clearance and space issue. I'm sure you can find a 50 or 75cc tank to tuck away somewhere.
just check the site on how to set up the 2 fuel tank system and your golden. was thinking about doing this for bash in sessions with my revo but never got around to it

ok...i know lots of ppl doing the 2nd tank stuff
but just wondering....
when u put 2nd tank anywhere on ur truck....
that means more fuel line or back-pressure line....
will that change the pressure of the fuel?
cuz longer the tube....less the pressure....