From Lexington, KY

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

preludetospeed

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey out there :cheers:, I was just wondering if there was anyone from KY out there. I live in Lexington and i would like to run with someone since it is alot more fun then just bashing by yourself. So if you live close let me know. I have a Nitro Rustler with a 2.5R.

Welcome to RCNT. :cheers:

You might want to post in the Track and Buddy Locator forum if you are looking for someone to run with.

Welcome to RCNitroTalk!

Where about in Lexington are you? I'm located behind the Fayette Mall.

-Michael

I am near UK hospital. Where do you run at??

preludetospeed,

I usually just walk over to Shillito Park. Sometimes I'll hit random construction sites, like the last one I was at over by Nicholasville when they put in the new theater. That was some nice running!

Do you know of any better places?

-Michael

WoodiE, do you know the guys over at Coyote's? I think it's in Lexington.

Coyote used to have a shop out in the ghetto with a small track, they have since moved to a different part of the ghetto into a shopping center so they no longer have a track in Lexington. I've been in there once and one of them mentioned they had a track just a few out side of Lexington but it's not anything really but for their "club" on some guys property so on and so on.

Not that it matters anyways because I don't run the MGT any more, just my FG Monster Truck and it's to big to race.

-Michael

Not really. I sometimes go to parks but I have a nitro rustler and it just doesn’t have the ground clearance to get over the grass and whatnot. I sometimes run in the baseball diamonds since most a dirt infield but I’ m afraid of getting kicked out. But I need to find some good places and some more people that do it because my friend said he wanted to but can't get his running as consistent as me.

Shillito park has a few older diamonds that they don't use as much as the newer ones in the park. There is also a football field there that's normally pretty short grass that might not be bad for a rustler.

Short of that you might want to run over to Coyote's over in Eastland Shopping Center and check to see if you can run on their track.

-Michael

thats what i was thinking about (running on the track) but i might get made fun of :LoL: since I'm not that great of a driver but there s only one way to improve. I will have to go out to that park a see (might go out there later on tonight)

I know Coyote's just had a Toys 4 Tots charity race. Troy and them are pretty good guys. Tell Pinky you have a wheel you need to deliver to him from Frank from Indy!

but i might get made fun of since I'm not that great of a driver but there s only one way to improve

Ask Woodie about driving that 5th scale into a bulldozer sometime...you'll feel MUCH BETTER about your driving skills after that!

LoL - you know that was an accident waiting to happen. All those little kids running around, like I didn't have enough things to dodge. ;)

-Michael

Man I had a soccer game last night and all i could think of was "Now this is some grass to run on" so i will check out that football field :redbuggy:

Yeah check it out and let me know what you think about it. Maybe I'll see out there some time.

-Michael

And i just found a place that looks NICE. Its on lestown road off the road that is behind the Mcdonalds it deadends into a great flat dirt lot. I might have to check that out too

How did that dirt lot turn out?

-Michael

Back