Formula 1 '08

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Super Aguri Honda is confirmed to be sold, and now I can't remember the buyer. Sato and Davidson will remain as driver's and Honda will be technical supplier. The article I read was kind of a poor translation but it sounded more like someone invested heavily and is majority owner and that Aguri will stay on in some capacity.

Ferrari is heavily into development of the 2009 car already.

USGP is gone because Tony George is a f'in tool. The other tracks that could possibly host in the US don't have a good enough garage area or seating. The ones with a good enough garage or seating have poopy tracks.

Schumi did some testing with the new Ferrari and I hear he may run to Moto GP races this year?

I could see him doing testing, but an actual race? Wasn't he like 13 seconds slower than the race pace when he got to play with Casey Stoner's bike?

USGP is gone because Tony George is a f'in tool. The other tracks that could possibly host in the US don't have a good enough garage area or seating. The ones with a good enough garage or seating have poopy tracks.

What the heck do they need in the garage.. I mean, there are some real nice tracks that are very very new.. I think there is a relatively new track down in Alabama or something that is supposed to be really nice. I saw it on t.v. a couple years ago and it looked cool. I think it may a Porsche test facility but I can't recall really.

So what's the deal with Tony George? The name sounds familiar but I'm not sure who he is. Didn't he have something to do with Champ Car? Maybe that's someone else?..?..

He caused the open wheel spilt way back when and now is on his way to ruining it again. Bernie is no saint but Tony is too much of an idiot, it's his fault there's no USGP. I know too much about him from being here in Indy to say he had a pretty good hand in f'in it.

You need to see an F1 garage area and com booth. Let alone the amount of people on the team and just in the pits.

ahhh...

It's still pretty unbelievable that there are no suitable tracks here in the states. Then the one that is get's messed up due to politics.. I knew I shouldhave went a couple years ago. I was thinking about it.. Hopefully it'l be back

What the heck do they need in the garage..

Size being one of the factors and one garage per car x11 teams

Conservatively each car has 18 people alone to do a pitstop....each car has its own crew.....so thats 36 people per team just to do a set of pitstops....

Biggest news this season is Max Mosley.

Indy might have Tony George but the FIA and therefore F1, WRC, MotoGP etc etc have (for the moment) got Mosley.

Check out how he's been reported to get his kicks. (and notice also that theres be no denial, only bleatings about invasion of privacy)

:LoL:

What the heck do they need in the garage.. I mean, there are some real nice tracks that are very very new.. I think there is a relatively new track down in Alabama or something that is supposed to be really nice. I saw it on t.v. a couple years ago and it looked cool. I think it may a Porsche test facility but I can't recall really.

Barber motorsports http://www.barbermotorsports.com/index.php

pretty good track ... Got some pictures from a race last year... will try and get some up :)

That's it! Thanks Mustang Girl! The race I remember watching was a Rolex series race if I recall correctly.

Back