Formula 1 '08

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schumi did some testing with the new Ferrari and I hear he may run to Moto GP races this year? Kimi was 2 seconds a lap faster in testing at Bahrain than lat year's pole speed. No TC will make the real drivers shine! I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!

After seeing some of the testing times, it would make you think it was slowing some guys down

Well, I like the idea that there are less computers doing the work. That's cool IMO. What's first... Australia?

cool. I have to make sure I record everything. I love the qualifying format, it's almost as fun to watch as the race. Go Honda!

Honda has a lot of work to do after last year's showing, they only scored 6 points in last year's constructor's championship, only 2 more than customer team Super Best Friends.

Super Aguri - Honda. It's a joke you'll hear Varsha, Matchet, and Hobbs say it alot.

ahhh.. so they get their power from Factory Honda.. is that it? or is there more to it?

yeah Honda powerplants and I think that some of the chassis design is Honda too

I have hopes for Honda too. Button is a better driver i feel then last years Honda let him show.

Sadly Super Aguri (or Honda 2) may not make the grid for Melbourne - they've run out of money basically - If they do make it they'll be dog sloooooowww - they've done little or no testing on the car.

Talking of testing - winter testing times are notoriously inaccurate except for the final couple of days before the season starts....

My impression is this -

Ferrari and McLaren fastest and not a big gap either way between them. I see a 2 way fight with Raikkonen and Hamilton, if we're really lucky Kovalienen and Massa may join in too but Massa seems the least likely.
Just can't rate Massa highly enough.

Williams (My favourite team by a long long way) - Look at the moment very promising possibly the fastest of the rest - Nico Rosberg is very good - Kazuki Nakajima looks fast as a rookie lets hope he holds it together.

Renault - Look slow even with that backstabbing, blackmailing little turd back driving for them - Good.

Toyota - Still slow, expect Trulli to be sacked when Timo Glock (more or less a rookie) starts showing him up.

Force India - Look surprisingly good for last years worst team (then called Spyker)..if Fisichella drives like he sometimes can they could score points - if fisichellas lost it and gets beaten by Sutil - he'll get sacked like Trulli.

Honda - Still got a poop car and good drivers - not quite as poop last year though. Ross Brawn may make a difference by mid season.

I heard Force was already in financial jeopardy too? I thought I read where best friends had it covered though.

I heard Force was already in financial jeopardy too? I thought I read where best friends had it covered though.

No that I know of - Vijay Mallya (the owner) is a billionaire so its unlikely that he'l let them go to the wall....

So I was readin through the changes for '08 and read this...

www.formula1.com said:
...spare cars are also banned. Teams may now rely on only two cars at a race.

so do they mean team as in Ferrari or Mclaren, or team as in Raikonnin or Hamilton? I'm still pretty new to following F1 so I'm not familiar with the 'norm' of the vocab.

So I was readin through the changes for '08 and read this...

so do they mean team as in Ferrari or Mclaren, or team as in Raikonnin or Hamilton? I'm still pretty new to following F1 so I'm not familiar with the 'norm' of the vocab.

Team as in Ferrari or McLaren.

Wow.. that's interesting.

I see there is no USGP this year... talk about sad. The most popular form of motorsports on the planet and we can't even lock up a race. It's amazing we even know what soccer IS. My bad... football.

Wow.. that's interesting.

I see there is no USGP this year... talk about sad. The most popular form of motorsports on the planet and we can't even lock up a race. It's amazing we even know what soccer IS. My bad... football.

Yeah It will be interesting if driver "a" in team "a" writes his car off in 1st practice and is miles ahead of his team-mate in the championship...will the team force him (the teammate) to give his car up? They can - its in the rules.....they would get a penalty if the couldn't use the engine/gearbox from the wreck but it would be better than not being in the race...

Its a shame about the USGP - I wasn't a particular fan of the circuit (some of it was daft) but there are some track tracks in the US - I've said before - Bernie Ecclestone likes Disneyland type circuits not the good old circuits with history/tradition and atmosphere like Monza, Silverstone, Indy, SPa etc. He likes new plastic ones with shiny seats and a corporate feel to them.

Ha ha, It really does tick me off with the soccer/football thing!!!

Back