flux xs issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ksrichard

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I was driving my xs last night and all of a suddon i heard a grinding noise. Then it stopped
moving. Any ideas? I just had it apart to do a full inspection, cleaning, and lube. All looked o.k.

Time to tear it all back apart cuz it doesn't sound like its ok anymore :p

Haha. Ill hafta agree my rc friend. Not my day. Think i sh!t a clutch spring on my nitro. Time to have a
Brewsky or 12. Lol

Thats always a good back up plan....I have a similar one lol

I may kno that one too. Any ideas? Sounds like its coming from the main gearbox/tranny.

Id tear down the tranny then and inspect the bears and make sure all the bearings are in good shape.

I pulled motor and tranny/gearbox anyway as soon as i seperated the tranny the pinion gear fell out.
Put it back on lined it up and snuged it down all seems ok. Truck not together yet. I want to clean and regrease gears and bearings and locktite screws. At least i found the prob. Thanks to all for the help.
Need u on the tmaxx forum greywolf74. Later

I generally dont look at the Tmaxx or revo forums because I've never owned them and I'm not a big fan of them. Not really a big Traxxas fan at all although I have to admit I've found a couple of applications that the Rustler works well as a platform for. Was there a certain link in particular?

Tmaxx not moving. If i get into trouble i could just pm you.

Theres tons of guys here that have owned TMAXXs and I'm sure can help you with that problem but yeah feel free to PM me I'll try to help if I can.

True. Thanks.. Snuged pinion on flux xs. Tested. Seemed ok. Got everything bak together. Same issue.
Hafta take it back apart. Gonna locktite everything this time. And relube tranny. Any ideas for getting out stripped hex heads?

While I'm this far I'm gonna change tranny cups along with a new pinion

As for the front arms, can they be flipped? I broke the front arm pin and i was going to flip the arm while I'm there looks like it will work.
COME ON SUNSHINE!!! My vxl is not as fast as some but I'm hoping for 55 today. That would be an awesome personal best. Thats what matters to me...

I've not owned a FLUX XS. I dont know if the arms can be flipped or not.

Back