First electronics fire today šŸ”„

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
So had to get in a turkey day bash after stuffing my belly with food. Took the Notorious out for some sends off the ramp and of course tons of wheelies and 360/720's etc stunting around. Was just about to send it for one last big ramp send and call it and lost steering. Started to drive the rig back to me in reverse and all of a sudden thick white smoke starts rolling out of the frontšŸ˜° Ran over yanked the body pins and pulled the body off and lipo out. Lipo thankfully was all good, looked at my Max6 and it was all good but noticed a brown colored Scorched mark on my m2c chassis in front of the servo. Got it up to the garage and could see the front facing side of the servo was melted and the smoke/flame left a Scorched mark by the steering post on the chassis. Thankfully nothing else was damaged and was just the cheap Spektrum S652 6s stock servo that burned up. Have an extra Amazon 20kg to throw in it thankfully but gotta love Spektrum electronics causing yet another RC fire...
20211125_170355.jpg
20211125_170414.jpg
20211125_170424.jpg

Questionable quality from Spektrumā€¦

I mean I did get a good ā‰ˆ 6 months use out of it but still shouldn't have flamed up. End points were set right and under the rated voltage from the BEC so not sure besides an electronic malfunction in the servo why it caught firešŸ”„šŸ¤· Just glad it didn't burn or damage anything else and hoping my receiver is still good as I haven't tested it yet to make sure.

That servo didn't even last a full battery pack in my outcast. I'm running the 35kg Amazon servo now. You'll need a different servo horn too.

Well I'm glad I didnt buy one of those yet. I'm always worried about fires, but since I moved away from v1 and 2 vxl escs, I havent had any issues.

Glad you saved it before it turned into landfill matter.

Never a question on qc with Spektrum. Pure junk as always from there 1st radio after becoming Spektrum after their predecessors pure qc(JR)

Never a question on qc with Spektrum. Pure junk as always from there 1st radio after becoming Spektrum after their predecessors pure qc(JR)
Even Amazon and Banggood specials are better than Spektrumā€™s junk! Spektrum severely over-prices their ewaste.

That servo didn't even last a full battery pack in my outcast. I'm running the 35kg Amazon servo now. You'll need a different servo horn too.
I think I remember that thread where you replaced the servo and horn...
So had to get in a turkey day bash after stuffing my belly with food. Took the Notorious out for some sends off the ramp and of course tons of wheelies and 360/720's etc stunting around. Was just about to send it for one last big ramp send and call it and lost steering. Started to drive the rig back to me in reverse and all of a sudden thick white smoke starts rolling out of the frontšŸ˜° Ran over yanked the body pins and pulled the body off and lipo out. Lipo thankfully was all good, looked at my Max6 and it was all good but noticed a brown colored Scorched mark on my m2c chassis in front of the servo. Got it up to the garage and could see the front facing side of the servo was melted and the smoke/flame left a Scorched mark by the steering post on the chassis. Thankfully nothing else was damaged and was just the cheap Spektrum S652 6s stock servo that burned up. Have an extra Amazon 20kg to throw in it thankfully but gotta love Spektrum electronics causing yet another RC fire...View attachment 137083View attachment 137084View attachment 137085
Good thing you didn't get a full blown fire...stock servos usually don't stay in the rig for a long time!

Back