Finally came in!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's always an option. If your esc is programmable etc, if not, the tekin offers a lot of adjustments. I equate that to better performance. I guess it really comes down to what you want out of your rig.

I am not familiar directly with the esc in your rig but with 80a, a 4S (if it could handle it) would essentially lower the size motor it could handle. Something like a nice tekin with 4S capability will allow for a scary powerful motor. I'm sure it would be able to cover anything (within reason) that you would ever want to run in that truck.
Might be what i do, I'm thinking ill probably run 3s most the time. I guess it really jus depends on how much i like the mass speed from a 4s lol.

That's always an option. If your esc is programmable etc, if not, the tekin offers a lot of adjustments. I equate that to better performance. I guess it really comes down to what you want out of your rig.
Basically i just want the option to run 3s or 4s if i want to without the worry of the esc not being able to handle it.

I run tekin in my flux on 4s
plenty of juice for me
tekin is pretty easy to use and acess the settings without any external hardware

I run tekin in my flux on 4s
plenty of juice for me
tekin is pretty easy to use and acess the settings without any external hardware
Can i pretty much just look up tekin esc, would it work for mine or is it got to be model specific?

Do you know what specific motor you have in your rig now? Also the reciever's voltage capabilities. You may need to adjust the output on the 'out to receiver' voltage on the esc to be sure you won't exceed it. Once the initial setting is met, it shouldn't be something you need to mess with tho. The tekin is a very flexible and a very durable product. I was using tekin way back in the day and I have always loved them. I may be slightly partial to them but with Novak no longer around, I don't think there are many other esc's around with their good history. Aside from all that, it will allow a lot of growth potential when you want to change the motor for higher rpm or torque. There is a lot of adjustability for power curves etc... If you find yourself wanting to race or even if you chose to put the esc into another truck down the road, it's flexible for all that. Its a good product to own.
Once you determine what your rig can currently handle and where you want to be able to grow, chiding the corect, specific tekin unit should be pretty straightforward.

Do you know what specific motor you have in your rig now? Also the reciever's voltage capabilities. You may need to adjust the output on the 'out to receiver' voltage on the esc to be sure you won't exceed it. Once the initial setting is met, it shouldn't be something you need to mess with tho. The tekin is a very flexible and a very durable product. I was using tekin way back in the day and I have always loved them. I may be slightly partial to them but with Novak no longer around, I don't think there are many other esc's around with their good history. Aside from all that, it will allow a lot of growth potential when you want to change the motor for higher rpm or torque. There is a lot of adjustability for power curves etc... If you find yourself wanting to race or even if you chose to put the esc into another truck down the road, it's flexible for all that. Its a good product to own.
Once you determine what your rig can currently handle and where you want to be able to grow, chiding the corect, specific tekin unit should be pretty straightforward.
The motor is a feral 4 pole 3660-2500 kv brushless. Also, my nitro is a pain in the ass. I think i wanna sell the motor n tank and convert to electric. Its a infinitive exceed 1/10 scale.

That being the case, I believe the Tekin RX8 will handle your needs. While I believe this to be the case 99% sure, I recommend you do your leg work and determine if it's the best fit for your needs.

That being the case, I believe the Tekin RX8 will handle your needs. While I believe this to be the case 99% sure, I recommend you do your leg work and determine if it's the best fit for your needs.
Yeah ill have to do some research. Bout to start lookin to convert this nitrocto electric.

While I fully endorse the upgrades on your electric, I'll try to steer you away from the conversion for sure! Whatever you've got going on for issues with the nitro, it can be fixed or upgraded to put a BIG smile on your face! (that is unless you have plans to buy another nitro that better suits your needs) Bigger engine, faster, high(er) performance etc...:naughty:
In all seriousness, it seems you bought your first rig and were almost immediately unhappy with it. (Because you were asking how to build it into another class of rc right away) I don't know how you happened to chose that particular rig but for the future, I would spend some more time determining what it is that you want out of your kit, how it will best serve you. Then make sure whatever you choose, it has a good amount of upgrades available for it and good factory parts support. I have seen a lot of people let down because they bought a lot that they thought was great, and as they started to outgrow it or want more for it, they found no or few upgrades for it. That seems maybe was the case for you? I have also seen folks buy a lot at a 'killer price' only to find the quality wasn't there, it wouldn't run right or perform as expected etc... When they finally came to the realization that the kit they bought was super low prices because it was of poor quality. Again, an understandable let down. When you get yourself a good nitro kit, I really do believe you'll love it. I hope you won't bail on nitro all together!

While I fully endorse the upgrades on your electric, I'll try to steer you away from the conversion for sure! Whatever you've got going on for issues with the nitro, it can be fixed or upgraded to put a BIG smile on your face! (that is unless you have plans to buy another nitro that better suits your needs) Bigger engine, faster, high(er) performance etc...:naughty:
In all seriousness, it seems you bought your first rig and were almost immediately unhappy with it. (Because you were asking how to build it into another class of rc right away) I don't know how you happened to chose that particular rig but for the future, I would spend some more time determining what it is that you want out of your kit, how it will best serve you. Then make sure whatever you choose, it has a good amount of upgrades available for it and good factory parts support. I have seen a lot of people let down because they bought a lot that they thought was great, and as they started to outgrow it or want more for it, they found no or few upgrades for it. That seems maybe was the case for you? I have also seen folks buy a lot at a 'killer price' only to find the quality wasn't there, it wouldn't run right or perform as expected etc... When they finally came to the realization that the kit they bought was super low prices because it was of poor quality. Again, an understandable let down. When you get yourself a good nitro kit, I really do believe you'll love it. I hope you won't bail on nitro all together!
Well i like the nitro but i don't know whats wrong. I've had diff problems and one issue is getting fuel to the carb which I've been jusnsucking it to get it goin. Then it was the igniter which i charge forwver but nowneven after that i get nothing. I sont know what the problem is. I've tried to set the carb diff. And othee things. The bison soon as i got it, it was ready to go. So i fell in love. It was fun as hell till i broke a part. Nownthats another problem, finding the part which is hard to find. Orderd the servo horn which the one i ordered for the four tr helion or whatever. Which i was told was built the same. It didnt have the same squared fitting for the pinion to sit on. So nownthats another issue altogether but i suppose ill figure it out. Budlights talkin. The end.

I'll catch you when you're fingers don't have bud syndrome! :hehe: Enjoy the night. Hopefully we can catch each other when we both have the time... I will do my best to walk you thru the issues and see if we can get you running straight.
:cheers:

I'll catch you when you're fingers don't have bud syndrome! :hehe: Enjoy the night. Hopefully we can catch each other when we both have the time... I will do my best to walk you thru the issues and see if we can get you running straight.
:cheers:
I'm on vacation, drinking budlight again i can't find a conversion kit from nitro to electric for my 1/10 infinitive exceed. If anyone knows where i can find one. Much apreciated.

There is an electric version of the truck avail from the manufacturer (if I am looking at the same model anyways). I would start by comparing the factory parts of nitro and electric. Check part numbers, pictures etc and I'm guessing you'll be able to put together a conversion right from the factory parts.

There is an electric version of the truck avail from the manufacturer (if I am looking at the same model anyways). I would start by comparing the factory parts of nitro and electric. Check part numbers, pictures etc and I'm guessing you'll be able to put together a conversion right from the factory parts.
Yeah that's what i wondered. If i could just order the electric modor n esc from that version.

If I were tou, I would prob look into upgrading the sec and motor. I would be looking At the electric chassis for motor mounts, any changed housings, gearing etc... I think if you're gonna take the time to swap it over, use something high performance and make it boogie. Just don't over do it so you're blowing out gears, shafts etc...

If I were tou, I would prob look into upgrading the sec and motor. I would be looking At the electric chassis for motor mounts, any changed housings, gearing etc... I think if you're gonna take the time to swap it over, use something high performance and make it boogie. Just don't over do it so you're blowing out gears, shafts etc...[/QUOTE

I hear ya, i think i'm going to take it to hobbytown first or whatever it's called. See if they have any good options before i order online. Problem is it's like a hour in a hakf from where i live, although I'm moving in a week. Then ill only be about 30 mins from the store.

Sorry for the typos! My phone has been funky lately but that one looks more like it was just about being overtired and fat thumb syndrome! Good example tho, my phone auto-corrected 'fat' with 'far' in 'fat thumb syndrome'... So I dunno!

Sorry for the typos! My phone has been funky lately but that one looks more like it was just about being overtired and fat thumb syndrome! Good example tho, my phone auto-corrected 'fat' with 'far' in 'fat thumb syndrome'... So I dunno!
Mine's a lot worse at times. Lol

Back