fg monster bettel or truck?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

tannera

any one got a fg monster bettel or truck?
just got some questions.
how long dose the engine last.
how often dose it brake.
how fast is it.
is it any good off road and doing jumps.
which one should i get the truck or the bettel.
and dose any one have pics of it next to a 1/8 scale truck.

might be selling my savage and geting one.
if i like the sound of it.

thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
tannera said:
any one got a fg monster bettel or truck?
just got some questions.
how long dose the engine last.
how often dose it brake.
how fast is it.
is it any good off road and doing jumps.
which one should i get the truck or the bettel.
and dose any one have pics of it next to a 1/8 scale truck.

might be selling my savage and geting one.
if i like the sound of it.

thanks.

I have the monster beetle and love it, as far as how long the engine lasts depends on what kind of lubricant you use and how hard you drive it i dont have a definate answer seeings i have only had mine for a few months now I'm using AMSOIL Saber Professional 2 cycle seems to be doing just fine for me. Lets see to answer your next question the only thing i've broke are one steering servo and just recently pulled the threads out of the rear upper a arm and thats from some hardcore bashing i recently did so some of that could have been my fault, for speed it will do about 40 mph,if you look through the video archives you will see Ryhtons going up against my old Hyper PBS w/ ws7II it holds its own, its made for offroad so of course its good there and for jumps i dont go for height and distance with mine but its very controllable in the air, personal preference there on what you want i chose the beetle basically because well its a Beetle that body just looks so cool and if you start tumbling it usually rights it self pretty quickly. I'll see what i can do about a pic but i will tell you this it dwarfs just about any 1/8th scale this thing is fairly large. Hope this helps good luck with selling the savage.
bEETLE_oUTSIDE.jpg

Last edited:
I got a brand new shiny FG MT-5 yesterday!! So far I am impressed, it started on the 3rd pull and I didn't have to find a glow ignitor!!

fourwheeler said:
I got a brand new shiny FG MT-5 yesterday!! So far I am impressed, it started on the 3rd pull and I didn't have to find a glow ignitor!!
Sweet dude isnt nice being able to run for 45 mins or so not having to worry about temps or lugging around a start box, ignitor, fuel bottle, screw driver, temp gun, those are the reasons i bought mine. Check this site out for more info on them http://www.orienttoyshobbies.net/forums2/index.php?&CODE=00. Good luck with yours and post some pix when you've got it painted.

Itsmesag

We are going to get it painted this weekend. I'll get some pics up soon.

cool. those fg trucks look pretty cool. but tannera i wouldnt sell your savage! your savage is pimp. Just My Opinion. Its up to you...

Hi,

I've been running 5th and 6th scale for about 6 years and have been in RC for more than 20 yrs. Only thing I can say is that the FG Models are on a class of their own. Whoever starts running them will have to admit that they are very well built and very durable. Here are some pics of my MB and a glimpse of my EVO2.

index.php

index.php

index.php

I haven't gotten the body painted yet but I did mount up a body.

How about this??????

Attachments

• escalade 1.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 245
  • escalade2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 251
  • escalade 3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 278
hey fourwheeler how much did that body coast?

I got the body from Fleabay and paid $50. It is from the 1/6th scale New Bright radio control truck. There isn't a whole lot to mounting the body after you get it stripped of all the innards.

got to get 1 lol......it looks good for a new bright...

Does anyone make pin step style tires for these yet?
I've seen a few guys try running em on a track and they just had the wrong tread for track use....I'd like to see one set up for racing on clay......

I haven't seen step pin tires this size yet.

i decided to keep my savage i like the big jumps. :)
but i havn't got a lot of money at the moment so i can't get an fg :doh: but i will be geting one some when they are cool.

Back