Fabricating my bumbers and 12 bar (wheelie bar)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
trucks just a bit out of tune today.. being the all of a sudden cold front and rain that came last night but still not bad. and you can tell i still have plenty of work to do to get more stability
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L28uJWwhOkg"]Testing the 12 bar I made for my traxxis tmaxx - YouTube[/ame]

I see your still running the plastic pipe. a good upgrade for like 25 bucks is the aluminum resonator pipe for the 3.3 makes the motor a lil easier to tune and a little better performance imo.

---------- Post added at 5:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 4:59 PM ----------

Try a shape like this

20130418_165735_zps80a62780.gif

Also if you could make some kind of hindge and add some shocks back there that would be pretty god check out rolex's savage on his profile

i was thinking that i might have made it too wide.. more that is grabbing.. wonder if i could make somthing that was half the width if it would be any more stable. but yeah will deff look at rolex's.. and yeah i want another pipe bad.. are you talking about one from traxxis? cause i found one the other day at the lhs and it was like 50

I see your still running the plastic pipe. a good upgrade for like 25 bucks is the aluminum resonator pipe for the 3.3 makes the motor a lil easier to tune and a little better performance imo.

Also if you could make some kind of hindge and add some shocks back there that would be pretty god check out rolex's savage on his profile
Only thing about the one Rolex has... He doesn't even know if it works Unless he has tried it on his carpet :hehe:

---------- Post added at 5:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:13 PM ----------

i was thinking that i might have made it too wide.. more that is grabbing.. wonder if i could make somthing that was half the width if it would be any more stable. but yeah will deff look at rolex's.. and yeah i want another pipe bad.. are you talking about one from traxxis? cause i found one the other day at the lhs and it was like 50

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-3-3-T-M...adio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item3cd010fa9d

thats kinda what i was thinking lol..that thing is waayyyy to clean lol.. and looks heavy as hell lol

---------- Post added at 5:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:15 PM ----------

that is a nice pipe... ill work on that. maybe ill order it next week or somthing..

Thats the exact link i was about to post lol and yea that would be a shelf queen rolex is famous for those. and i really like it on mine you use your original manifold and coupler. its a tight fit on the short chassis but it fits

---------- Post added at 5:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 5:37 PM ----------

Somthing else you could try is adjusting your rear toe angle turn the tires in a little bit I've heard that helps

Try a piece of stainless it won't grab like the aluminum does on the blacktop,also should see some sparks,lol

transmited from a mobile communications device

Try a piece of stainless it won't grab like the aluminum does on the blacktop,also should see some sparks,lol

transmited from a mobile communications device

i used some steel sheet metal for the wheelie bar.

Rolex I think I might have seen a spot, where you missed. Better wipe it back down again.

I think its just some left over wax from the daily cleanin and every other day waxin lol

he waxes it while he watches YouTube videos of people waxing there shelf queens....

rolex ill pay u to let me get her dirty hahaha

Last edited:
Ok so I thinned out the 12 bar and worked like a champ.
3066A46A-EF1C-4081-AEC7-15398D58B789-3005-000003127B61DC93_zps173eb6bb.jpg

Back