EZ Start vs. Pull Start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the pull start breaks that's how you do it.

What happens if you spin the clutch by hand? It spins free!!!! Spinning it will move the spur, not the engine. Brush up on your theory, kid. For the third time, that's what I thought. You seriously need to fess up to this stupid comment and read up on the site. You obviously have a lot to learn.

Last edited:
did you not read the comments before that. i mentioned how i prefer pull start because of my experiences with electric start on snowmobiles which can be started by spinning the clutch. just don't use your hand because most likely it would get cut off.

Snowmobiles have torque converters, not clutches. I shouldn't even waste time with your crap. I suggest you scroll down to ffa.

when my pull start brakes... i just buy a new 1
then i know nothing will go wrong by trying to start it some other "STUPID" way haha :)

although i can't c why it wouldnt work if u did it with the fly wheel :p

snow blowers are a definite electric. especially the bigger ones. you don't start it enough to make the pull start easy to use.
Dude that would only work if you had the one way muffler bearings....and your first generation does not have them. Sorry it just won't work. Good luck with that though. Post a video of you trying it so we all can have a laugh.:hehe:

Um, I am fighting fire with fire. The guy obviously has no idea what he is talking about so....answered back with something that is equally as stupid. I hope that no one that calls themselves a mechanic thinks there is a such thing as muffler bearings let alone one way muffler bearings.

Joey, by now you should know that the muffler one way bearings are THE most important part of any RC! Even electrics!

I use a pull start, but have the whole easy start setup in my bag incase it breaks. I dont realy care about hauling toomuch crap

Ha! Never would've guessed. Now if I can find some head light fluid...

MY snow blower and my rc both use electric starters cause I want to use them not pull on a cord.

HAHAHAHAHA this is now my favorite post ever. Darn right run it till it breaks don't yank it apart cause it caught and half snatched your fingers off.:first_place: you win dude

i think after all this I'm going to stick a pull start on it, but also buy the gear set for the ez start just incase lol ...