Erratic Stampede HELP!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fortknox71

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
My Stampede takes off on it's own when I power it up. :angry: It literally hits full speed unless I hit reverse on the transmitter. That only stops it. I have reset the ESC following the factory directions but still nothing. I've checked the throttle trim and now I'm at a loss. Is my ESC bad? I have an XL-5 brushed system.
I just replaced the Titan 12T motor and although that fixed my problem of not running, I now have this to contend with.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

You probably have a defected servo. Try replacing the servo and then see if it works. It happened to me once and I replaced the servo and it worked.

what transmitter are you using the 2.4ghz or the 27mhz???

No worries

http://www.everything-rc-cars.com/07-rc-servos.html

I read this and it said that servos pretty much control the car. IT MAKES IT MOVE. He is saying that his car moves on its own so I was thinking maybe the servo broke. I'm sorry if I am wrong I am new to this I was just making a suggestion.:\:( Now I feel like an idiot.

Hey I appreciate the response. I don't know enough yet to even determine where to look. Thanks for the reply.

A defective servo can indeed have an impact on the ESC. It could be causing a short that could in turn cause the throttle portion of the ESC to go wild. I had a friend whose Slash 4x4 would only run for a little while and then shut down. Turned out the steering servo was bad causing the ESC to behave erratically.

I would guess its the AM radio/rx system, when I used the TQ 27mhz on my AX10 it liked to do the same thing, then i went 2.4 ghz or whatever and now have not had a problam since

yeah better adjustments on the 2.4's anyways but with the 27mhz the only thing I could think of would be the throttle trim.. you turn the transmitter on before the esc right???

yeah better adjustments on the 2.4's anyways but with the 27mhz the only thing I could think of would be the throttle trim.. you turn the transmitter on before the esc right???

Could be signal to the rig, once my rig past 12ft from me it went nuts.

Hey guys, thanks for the help. I do turn the transmitter on first before the ESC. It sits for a second while making strange noises from the ESC then the wheels hit full speed in forward. If I hit reverse on the radio it actually stops it from going forward. Once I let go it continues at full speed.
Is it easy to change Radio's? I don't know what this involves as I am a rookie. I presume I would have to change something on the truck for a new radio to work it right? The crystals or something....

I think you have a programming issue with your ESC. Kind of sounds like it's set for forward only, using the reverse trigger just for brake. Even if it is, there's a problem in the forward setting. Find the specs on your ESC and try reprogramming it before going for another radio.

Yeah that sounds like throttle trim for sure, set your trim back and try again, if its programable go through it again and redo it but I would find the "0" point of the throttle trim prior to doing anything.

Back