engen trouble

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my maxx wont turn over or even attempt to start what should i do?:angry:

do you have a ez start?
if you do then check all your connection, make sure all the battreys are fully charged plus make sure your ez stared motor works
hope this helps

Does it sound like it's trying? Does the ezstart motor spin, but the flywheel on the engine doesn't move? Does the flywheel move but doesn't start?

The ez start was just clicking and the motor wasn't even trying to turn over. I took it apart and found a broken connecting rod was jamming eveything up. I replaced that, put it all back together and now the motor is turning over but still wont start.

If you broke the con rod, more than likely you have also damaged the sleeve and piston as well. There could also be tiny metal particles in the case, and or bearings. If there are any scratches at all on the sleeve or piston you will have to replace those too. It's never as easy as just replacing the rod.

depends on how bad they are.

Have you checked the glow plug since the explosion? The piston may have hit it and damage the filament.