Duratrax going bye bye?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Me and @luke66 had a convo earlier.

Are they closing down or something?
I use their paints, and had used some of their tires.

Almost all of the paints are on backorder and all the old tires I used to use are either backorder, discontinued, out of stock or really cheap.

When I got my set of lockup MTs and six pack SCs, they were about 60 bucks. From what I heard before they removed them from the sites, they were 40.

Some of their crawler tires and bigger scale tires, and parts are still up. Maybe they are just going out of the paints and lower size tires. 🤷‍♂️

:cry:

I've been wondering the same thing, I could see Horizon closing up Duratrax since they also own Proline tires.

Either way, it'd be a loss for us hobbyists. They made some decent, CHEAP, on-road tires for the Traxxas Slash. I like Proline tires but they are not cheap, but I guess HH wants to push their more profitable brands.

Last edited:
I like my lockup X’s and was looking at banditos for an on road tire for my K8s, but alas they are no longer available.

Where can I buy those from?
I buy them from any hobby shop I order stuff from... in Europe, sorry :)

Usually 20ish euros (or $) per pair of short course premounts... available in Tekno/SCTE offset. Proline is just too expensive for the quality. I go with alternatives whenever I can (JConcepts bodies for example, good stuff).

For paints I go with Ghiant (and rebrands), I believe Traxxas and some others rebrand their stuff too. Half the price of Tamiya cans.