Drive shaft Question?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryson

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Ok I havent messed with the rc's in quite some time now. The other day I was looking at my 2.5 basher, and noticed a small crack behind the motor mount. I'm like what the hell, then I look at the motor mount and its cracked too. So now I'm in the market for a new chassie and motor mount. I was going to get the 3.3 off ebay if i could find one but I had a question I just wanted to check on right quick. So beings the chassy is longer in the front, do i need to buy new drive shafts and everything too then, or will the ones from the 2.5 work. I'm trying to do this on a budget so saving money would be nice. Anyone has some advice let me know. I probally could try the ones off my 3.3 and see if there longer but it looked like a lot of work. Thanks alot.

Bryson

The 2.5 ones are too short. I used parts from a spare rear center I had to make my front. The ones for the 3.3 are cheap, but they are only the slider part so you will either have to buy all misc parts or get one off ebay.

You will also need a new steering turnbuckle: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXMHX0&P=M

Other than that, nothing else is needed besides the chassis... and a long body.

Thanks olds. I'm trying to fix it up to sell it unfortunatly. I'm just over rc's for the most part I think. I'm keeping a slect few but most are going to hopefully be finding a better home. I didnt even think of steering though. Dough. lol. Maby ill just look for a 2.5 chassie.

bryson

Chassis Brace
3.3 Transmission Halves
3.3 Front Center Drive Shafts
3.3 chassis
3.3 Steering Linkage

is all you need for the complet upgrade

best of luck with your rc's all ways rember to have fun.

Back