Do Ofna cars have adjustable camber on front wheels? Specifically....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebuladds

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I'm looking at purchasing Ofna Ultra LX Pro (it's an read-to-run car). Here's a link to it:

http://www.ofna.com/ultLXpro.html

It seems as though there is really no upper tie rod on the front suspension of this car, so one would be unable to adjust the camber of the front wheels. Am I missing something here? Or shouldn't cars have adjustable camber?

Also, does anyone know...is this a quality car? Or a piece of crap in disguise?

i fondled one yesterday.. yes they are adjustable.. i compaired it to the mbx pro, and a lightning pro... the lightning won.. its what I'm getting..

How are they adjustable. I'm talking about the front wheels.

The Ultra LX Pro (i.e. the $299 car that comes completely prebuilt) doesn't appear to have any room for adjustability. The upper swingarm on the front isn't really a tie rod. There is only 1.5mm worth of room for this piece to be screwed in (i.e. made shorter). Are you sure it's adjustable on this car?

stay away from the "ultra" series from ofna. They barely one up the radio shack cars.

:whistle:

Unless you explain your comment, don't bother posting it.

"XYZ sucks, don't buy it" is the most worthless thing you can tell someone unless you explain why.

As far as I know, maybe you just got a defective product. Maybe you're uncoordinated. Maybe you don't know how to maintain your toys. These are some of the things that run through my mind whenever I see "XYZ sucks, don't buy it" without an explanation.

What are the reasons you think Ofna Ultra cars suck?

plastics are no good, not raceable because they aren't very tunable, it comes with a .25 engine, bad radio, bad servos, bad tires, etc... if you know about cars then the "Ofna" cars are like a Kia Sedona, and Pretty much every other 8th scale is like a Chevrolet Corvette.

(I'm not dissin' the Kia, you know what you are buying when you buy it. But with an Ofna they play it up to sound like it can beat a Corvette. Get it?)

L8r,
Garrett

P.S. Just look at the price of the GTLX. C'mon, how are you gonna get a good 8th scale buggy for that price.

the end comes off the turn buckle and can be screwed in or out for camber.. BUT i highly suggest taking a look at a hb lightning..

Yes... the lightning is good. Go w/ a Storm, Lightning, or if you want ofna, try the Hyper 7 RTR.:jet:

Re: Unless you explain your comment, don't bother posting it.

Originally posted by nebuladds
"XYZ sucks, don't buy it" is the most worthless thing you can tell someone unless you explain why.

As far as I know, maybe you just got a defective product. Maybe you're uncoordinated. Maybe you don't know how to maintain your toys. These are some of the things that run through my mind whenever I see "XYZ sucks, don't buy it" without an explanation.

What are the reasons you think Ofna Ultra cars suck?

He was just trying to give you a word to the wise. I will not state my opinion about Ofna because its bad to slam distributeors oh I mean manufacturers but I'll tell you I did a fair amount of research before I bought a buggy and I dont own Ofna's. Well all want our RC's for difference reasons and thats why there are a lot of different model makers and different "grades" of models. I like racing and thats why I didnt chose Ofna. I have seen my share run from basic to bling bling and they are tuff I'll give them that.

i did the reserch, and even hobby stores with ofnas sitting gettin gdusty.. they all cam back with buy a lightining pro.. so i spent time doing reserch.. very little info on web of lightning, so i took my notes went and opened up 3 new ofnas at the store.. and started compairing things.. the lightnin gwone in looks of pure durability issues..

did you look at the storm? It is about 1 to 2 steps better than the Lightning.. imo

L8r,
Garrett

no i was unable to find one to fondle..

haha... if i were to rank competition 8th scale buggies it would be (imo)

Mugen MBX-5
Kyosho Inferno MP 7.5 Kanai 2
GS Racing Storm Pro
Ofna Hyper 7 Pro
Hot Bodies Lightening Pro (but w/ different engine)

L8r,
Garrett

of that list.. the hb is the top honers for best bang for the buck that i could fondle.. and i plan to put a 8 port or a picco 26 in it..

yeah... for bang for the buck i would have to agree... but you also have to remember that to get it even w/ the others you have to buy carbon fiber radio tray, front brace, center diff plate... 1 more brake, and thats about it... besides engine.

L8r,
Garrett

Originally posted by Gmanlusk2004
if you know about cars then the "Ofna" cars are like a Kia Sedona, and Pretty much every other 8th scale is like a Chevrolet Corvette.

You know, that kinda hurts, considering I own a Hyper 7 pro and just picked up a Ofna MBX rolling chassis to build up. Opinions are like assholes, everyones got one and I'm not going to sit up here slamming other manufacter's but I will say that I am extremely happy with my Hyper 7 pro and at one point I was planning on selling it because everyones was talking big and bad about the K2's and I wanted one, untill I actually ran up against two at my local track and kept up and beat them both in the main. I still want a K2 but it will be after I get my hands on a Mugen MBX5 and yes I will still have my Ofna and yes I will still race it only because I like having Inferno and Lightning drivers laugh at me before I beat the snot out of their cars on the track. All buggies (with a few exceptions) will make you smile the first time you hit the trigger and yes, some are more adjustable than others but actually compare them and dont go by "my brothers wife's sisters uncle has one" stories. One thing I do agree with though is that if you plan on racing the buggy stay away from the $299 RTR specials because they will not be near as adjustable as the pro models and also look around at LHS's and see what they sell so you know what kind of replacement parts are available in your area. It will probably make your decisions easier.

ummmmmm..... fyi... i like hyper 7s.

if you want ofna, try the Hyper 7 RTR

By saying this, it means that i approve of the Hyper 7. How hard is that to decipher? I have posted many, many, many times that I like the hyper 7. I however do not like ofna. Get it?? I like ho boa. Understand? You see, ofna is just a distributor for hong nor (the ultra series of "ofna") and ho boa (the dominator, pirate, and hyper 7) Ho Boa makes great stuff.... hong nor makes mass market stuff like traxxas. They aren't really race oriented [with few exceptions (Ofna 9.5 that is totally tricked out by Jammin' Jay)] So... don't get in a hissy fit... i see where you are comin' from. Ofna is just fine for people that do R/C once a month, but for the enthusiast... it's just not the way to go. (I'm talking about the bad "ofna" cars)

L8r,
Garrett

edit:

O yeah... and about the Kia/Chevy thing.... i wrote....

(I'm not dissin' the Kia, you know what you are buying when you buy it. But with an Ofna they play it up to sound like it can beat a Corvette. Get it?)

Last edited:
Originally posted by Gmanlusk2004
(I'm talking about the bad "ofna" cars)

L8r,
Garrett

That where your losing me. I agree completley on the ofna/Ho Boa part and yes I would say the Hyper 7 line is one of the only raceable ofna's out there. BTW no hissy fits here, just trying to throw some of my opinions out there.:cheers:

o ok... cool.

The line before i wrote that it is just not the way to go. And to clarify that i wasn't talking about all of ofna, i said that it's the bad ofna cars. get it?

L8r,
Garrett

All Ofna's are good...but not great period.:whistle: