David's Tamiya TT-02 10th scale On-Road TC build

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wouldn't put any money into a TT02. Not a single penny. Just build it and drive it.
This the best advice here, just throw in bearings, a pinion that doesn't wear out in 3 runs, and whatever cheap no-name servo that you can get your hands on.

I've owned several highly hopped-up TT02s, including a Type S. The best "upgrade" for a TT02 is to save up buy a better chassis.

Today the day!
Unboxing video will come tomorrow and build will be tomorrow
And look who showed up on my page
PXL_20240309_023028354.MP.jpg

Look whos here! Unboxing video soon
I really hope you enjoy it kiddo. It should be a fun build for you. I have no idea what that YR motor is. It came with that NSX from a guy off ebay. But you should have everything to build a car there. The springs on those shocks are a bit too firm. I never looked into sourcing softer ones. Can't wait to see ya build it 😉

I think the extra chassis is Tamiya's upgraded chassis if I remember correctly. It should be stiffer than the stock chassis if so. Or maybe that is the stock chassis from our first build. I can't be sure. Check the part number molded into the chassis.

I am not sure if those shocks will work with the stock shock towers or not. Ours has the carbon fiber shock towers.

I didn't even realize that was a brushless esc also. There must be a way to switch from brushed to brushless with that ESC.

Oh yeah, the reason that YR brushed motor looks like that is those brushes are exposed, and are rebuildable. If you ever rebuild them, make sure you pay attention to how the spring goes on there before you try removing the brushes 😉

Do the water break in on it if you run it.

Last edited:
Got the front diff and diff case assembled. That's where I'll leave off for tonight. Will continue in the morning. Gonna loose an hour of sleep tonight so going to bed an hour early. 🤓

PXL_20240310_035238374.jpg

PXL_20240310_040003577.jpg

Used supplied grease in the diffs. Yea, feels alot like a open diff. Once all put together and ran a few times ill dig back in and put in some red/tacky grease, or maybe lock the diff? Depends which is better. @WickedFog , saw your part 1 video and I saw you used the upgrade sealed / tune-able diffs. How do they work out for you?

Brass bushings, eww.
Ball bearing kit coming soon. Along with other aluminum upgrades. After I get all the other cars running good for the spring/summer season of racing.

Used supplied grease in the diffs. Yea, feels alot like a open diff. Once all put together and ran a few times ill dig back in and put in some red/tacky grease, or maybe lock the diff? Depends which is better. @WickedFog , saw your part 1 video and I saw you used the upgrade sealed / tune-able diffs. How do they work out for you?

Brass bushings, eww.
Ball bearing kit coming soon. Along with other aluminum upgrades. After I get all the other cars running good for the spring/summer season of racing.
We have only ran ours a couple times, but the sealed diffs work pretty good. I forgot this kit came with those plastic bushings 🤮

Question yall. Like I said in my unboxing video, the tamyia motor shaft is super short. If I use that YR motor or a different BL motor with a longer motor shaft, would it have any affect with motor mounting or gearing?

Question yall. Like I said in my unboxing video, the tamyia motor shaft is super short. If I use that YR motor or a different BL motor with a longer motor shaft, would it have any affect with motor mounting or gearing?
I put a Hobbywing motor in ours. I don't remember it being a problem.

And you have all this room for a longer shaft.
Screenshot_20240310_134516.jpg

Part 8
Got the upper arms installed. They show to put in a ball in the arm. But they don't show it in the margin. And there is no where they say to find it. These are the balls I have but they don't fit the arm. 🤔🤷

PXL_20240310_181357393.jpg

PXL_20240310_181412231.jpg

PXL_20240310_181419973.MP.jpg

Rear diff and diff case complete

Rear shock tower and upper arms done

PXL_20240310_182617135.jpg

PXL_20240310_182623146.jpg

PXL_20240310_183405729.MP.jpg

Last edited:
Screenshot_20240310_143526.jpg

The "P" designates parts tree letter P, and the 7 represents part #7 on that tree. The balls you are looking for have no flanges on them.

Back