Maryland David's Basement Mini Track (private - just for show)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did the mini track today for a battery pack. Pretty fun since I haven't done it in a while.

Made a new jump today. Took 2 shoe boxes. Made a long table top thing. Long enough that I made it a bridge as well. Its tall enough for the mini b to go under. Used some of the old ramps to make this new one because the ones I had before were standalone ramps, didn't have anything underneath to hold them up. And they started to deform and not standing up on their own anymore so I created this. And I also always wanted a bridge type thing. Last day of spring break so charging up another battery and Ill make a a short video with this layout.
PXL_20240401_193228551.jpg
PXL_20240401_193232053.jpg
PXL_20240401_193243928.jpg

Layout looks a little bit tight so I might move the new ramp down further to make it more open. Maybe.

Dude, that's awesome! Love it. So good to see other home tracks.

In the short amount of time getting into (or back into) the sport we've done a couple things (and when I say we, it's me and my 9y/o daughter, trying to get her into engineering). In addition to what I've seen so far. Like making the track go up over chairs and couches. (don't tell the wife, actually don't tell the wife about any of this :) Next up is to get up and over the ping pong table. We'll see how that goes.

Outdoor wise, I did buy a few outdoor rugs to place over the mulch in the backyard. $25ea for 8x12. It works. Super grippy. It's fun to get on the mulch and slip slide away, then get on the rug and it's like oh crap I just went out the side door because I have soo much traction. Good combo of keeping things clean, having fun and not messing up the fancy backyard :)

Decided to (somewhat) put an end on the mini track. Might set it up when no one is home and when I have the mini car running. But currently have the ramps and stuff all put away in the shed, and the car is broken so.

Couple reasons why I decided to not do it as much:
1) I can't make any more space / room for the track
2) Its ripping up the carpet if I do multiple battery packs at the time. Space carpet isn't ideally carpet for RC or RC carpet like the actual carpet tracks around (like EOS and CRC)
3) I don't have enough time, boxes and money to make better or more ramps / jumps
4) I only have 1 mini car, and I only plan to keep it running and can't really do any cosmetic or performance mods / upgrades so 🤷‍♂️

But in the end if I don't do set it up again, It was a great mini experiment and it was fun while doing it :)

Decided to (somewhat) put an end on the mini track. Might set it up when no one is home and when I have the mini car running. But currently have the ramps and stuff all put away in the shed, and the car is broken so.

Couple reasons why I decided to not do it as much:
1) I can't make any more space / room for the track
2) Its ripping up the carpet if I do multiple battery packs at the time. Space carpet isn't ideally carpet for RC or RC carpet like the actual carpet tracks around (like EOS and CRC)
3) I don't have enough time, boxes and money to make better or more ramps / jumps
4) I only have 1 mini car, and I only plan to keep it running and can't really do any cosmetic or performance mods / upgrades so 🤷‍♂️

But in the end if I don't do set it up again, It was a great mini experiment and it was fun while doing it :)
Thank you for sharing. It was a creative project and looked like fun!

Now a mini crawler course can be a bit easier, because everything is an obstacle.

Last edited:
Back