Dale Jr. joining up with Hendrick?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO when a Kyle Busch left Texas Motor Speedway while his team was still doing repairs to his car he burned a bridge that will not be repaired...It pissed off his fans and everyone at HMS. It's also the first day Jr drove a Hendricks car......It's all Kyles fault!

I never thought I would see the day an Earnhardt and Gordo were teamates.

Personally I think this is a bad move for Jr. Sure Hendrick is the best shop right now, but that will change. To put it descretely, I think Jr is another Elephant joining a heard already full. Gordon and Jimmie are not going to want to share the spotlight with Earnhardt. I think the egos will get in the way. There will be hate and discontent. I personally don't think the teams will play nice. What can you do though.

Tom

Ouch. That hurts....

But I guess I can see how you came to that conclusion. I am very passionate about NASCAR and after Sr died I was lucky enough to have an Earnhardt to root for. NASCAR has never been the same since. I guess I got my heart to involved here, and need to realize that this is just a business and Jr is doing what he wants/feels he needs to do. Hendrick is a convicted criminial and I can't respect him or what he stands for. I think what Hendrick is doing to Kyle Busch sucks, and even though I am not a fan of his, still believe that he is getting bum deal. I personally would not want to work for someone who dumps you for the next best thing. It is going to be real hard to root for Jr, driving the 5 Kelloggs car. Just doesn't have the same ring as the 8 Bud car.

Tom

Don't worry, man. I get it. But the bottom line is simple. Even if you don't think so. You'll be right there next season cheering just as hard for him. Because in the end, it's about the drivers. Not the owners. Hendricks is no saint. But at some point it becomes business. Busch is a liability at this point. He's over-aggressive. He's wadding up cars left and right. He's making no friends. And he's not anywhere near good enough in front of the camera to be a good face for Hendricks Motorsports. In the end, you gotta trim the fat. And KB is the fat.
You'll see Jr. head out next season in the #5 Budweiser car and it will still feel the same. Tony Jr. will still be on the pit box. The only difference is that they'll be figuring out how to best shame the rest of the competition. Not run midpack and get swallowed up in someone else's mess.
Trust me on this one...

Don't worry, man. I get it. But the bottom line is simple. Even if you don't think so. You'll be right there next season cheering just as hard for him. Because in the end, it's about the drivers. Not the owners. Hendricks is no saint. But at some point it becomes business. Busch is a liability at this point. He's over-aggressive. He's wadding up cars left and right. He's making no friends. And he's not anywhere near good enough in front of the camera to be a good face for Hendricks Motorsports. In the end, you gotta trim the fat. And KB is the fat.
You'll see Jr. head out next season in the #5 Budweiser car and it will still feel the same. Tony Jr. will still be on the pit box. The only difference is that they'll be figuring out how to best shame the rest of the competition. Not run midpack and get swallowed up in someone else's mess.
Trust me on this one...

I hear what you are saying.... and I agree that Kyle is a lyability for Hendrick. If Budweiser and Tony Jr do come along for the ride, things would be much easier to swallow. At this point I don't think that has been anounced yet, but hopefully at least that will pan out. One thing is for sure now... if Jr can't win races with Hendrick.... Lord help us all! I don't think that is going to happen though.

Tom

I think Jr just lost a lot of fans!

I agree... I think Tony Stewart just became the most popular driver. Alot of his father's fans will leave him.

Tom

I think Jr just lost a lot of fans!

No way,I dont see him loosing tony jr or budwiser,he will probably purchase the #8 from the bitch,and the stands will still be filled with red.:celebrate3:

ok I can see that but I thought he owned some of dei just not 51%the woman needs to let him take the #:bowned:

She has pretty much ruined DEI... but she succeeded at making the past few years for JR as miserable as possible.

No way,I dont see him loosing tony jr or budwiser,he will probably purchase the #8 from the bitch,and the stands will still be filled with red.:celebrate3:

Even if he brought Bud and the #8 (not even in your dreams) he would still loose a lot of fans....There are a lot of people that like him because of Sr, they won't like seeing him run a Hendricks car

She has pretty much ruined DEI.

I don't think she ruined DEI, not by a long shot. The same way Jr feels he is leaving a bad situation she feels the same way...She can now run it the way she wants with no more pressure from the late hubby's son!

Last edited:
Even if he brought Bud and the #8 (not even in your dreams) he would still loose a lot of fans....There are a lot of people that like him because of Sr, they won't like seeing him run a Hendricks car

I don't think she ruined DEI, not by a long shot. The same way Jr feels he is leaving a bad situation she feels the same way...She can now run it the way she wants with no more pressure from the late hubby's son!

NOT TO BE RUDE,but there are other threads here that do not involve jr...this one was meant for his fans not haters.....:doh:

NOT TO BE RUDE,but there are other threads here that do not involve jr...this one was meant for his fans not haters.....:doh:

Go back and read the title of this thread, it's a discussion on Jr going to HMS, not his fans

You seriously believe it matters who he drives for,its not like hes leaving his dad/teamate behind? How do you figure "only in my dreams"when Waltrip left did he not take Napa with him?:whack:

How do you figure "only in my dreams"when Waltrip left did he not take Napa with him?:whack:

He might take Bud with him but no way will he run the #8, thats what I was referring to. Ans yes I do believe it matters who he drives for and so do a lot of his fans.

Go back and read the title of this thread, it's a discussion on Jr going to HMS, not his fans

the point was you dont seem to like jr nor are you a fan of his,so dont waste your time in this thread,up to you but the back and fourth will just waste space on a great forum:thumbdown

Ohhh and where are you getting your info?

By the way Gordon is heterosexually challenged!

Last edited:
the point was you dont seem to like jr nor are you a fan of his,so dont waste your time in this thread,up to you but the back and fourth will just waste space on a great forum:thumbdown

As I said it doesn't matter if I like him or not, this thread is to discuss his move. Go start a Jr is great thread and you won't see any posts from me.

As I said it doesn't matter if I like him or not, this thread is to discuss his move. Go start a Jr is great thread and you won't see any posts from me.

No point to waste space,we all know he is great lolololollolol:argue:

Back