Could Use your Prayers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
My younger brother is in the hospital right now in the ICU recovering from having a battery operated electric pump put in his chest to help keep his heart going, and has been put on the list for a new heart. Before the surgery his heart function was down to about 10% just barely keeping him alive, the doctor said he was basically a dead man walking, it is really upsetting for me to see him with all the different tubes, wires, and IV's running in and out of him, I told him he looks like he could run a city block, they are keeping pretty sedated right now so he does not try to do to much, but they lightened it a little today so that he knew we were there and could nod his head to answer are questions, but can not talk because of the ventilator tube and feeding tubes. The Doctor says he is doing well but we can use all the prayers we can get so he makes a speedy recovery, the doctor said he will probably be in the hospital for about 3 more weeks recovering.

Prayers sent for sure. I wish him and your crew the best Curtis.

Man Curt I am sorry to hear that. At this point all you can do is hope. Keep us posted. That is some scary stuff. I have been shot at nearly blown up a few times but never been as scared as when one of mine are in danger.

yeah definetly sorry to hear that, I hate walking in to a hospital when one of my family is in there for something serious!!!! I always end up tearing up no matter what, I have been to see my gram a bunch of times, and it never gets any easier!!!!!! My prayers go out to u and your bro man!!!

My prayers go out to your brother and your family man. I hope in a few weeks he recovers and is doing well again. Keep us posted please.

Best wishes to you, I've watched my father battle heart problems for 10+ years now.. but never a failure of that scale. It's very difficult to witness.

I wish the best for your family and your brothers recovery.

I'll add your brother to my prayer list. You also need to talk him into a positive attitude. Medical science today is nothing less than amazing.

man thats terrible! your brother and family get my prayers for sure

Damn Curtis I am sorry to hear such a horrible situation, like Ralph said keep that positive attitude and he will pull through no problems. You have my BEST wishes for his speedy recovery buddy!

Very sorry to hear this Curtis, I will pray for him!

Thank you for all your prayers and support, he is still sedated and on the ventilator until his numbers get a little better and is strong enough to be awake and breath on his own.

I'll add you and your family to our prayers too. I know how you're feeling,really,my Mom is in ICU with a vent tube now(put in yesterday) too. They can't find what's wrong yet,just that she can't breathe right and get enough oxygen in her system.

I'll add you and your family to our prayers too. I know how you're feeling,really,my Mom is in ICU with a vent tube now(put in yesterday) too. They can't find what's wrong yet,just that she can't breathe right and get enough oxygen in her system.

Well I hope they find out soon and will pray that she gets better soon as well.

UPDATE: Hi is still in the ICU, sedated and on the ventilator, they are trying to get the water off of his lungs and clear, if what they are doing does not work the doctor said they might have to do a tracheotomy. I can't wait for him to be able to wake up so I can talk to him and see how he is feeling.

He will be aight, close family always have to scare you half to death once, but he will be fine I am sure of it!

Back