Could Use your Prayers

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My prayers go out to your brother and your entire family, keep faithful my friend

Best of luck bro... we will keep him in our thoughts for sure.

Tom

Well my brother is still in ICU it has been 8 days since he had the surgery and they could not get the fluid off his lungs so they had to put they trach in his throat , he is still pretty well sedated as well, going to go see him tomorrow, thanks for the continued prayers and support my family and I really appreciate it. :)

We have to unite as a family when the times are needed, that or we are just another average joe forum... Good luck Curtis! :D

We have to unite as a family when the times are needed, that or we are just another average joe forum... Good luck Curtis! :D

That is what is so special about RCNT, we are a family, and we do care about our fellow friends here.

Curtis, I wish your brother a speedy and full recovery bro.

i will send up another prayer man! i kno how it feels to have a family member in the hospital my mom was in it for a few weeks battling her cancer. BTW she mad it and is better than ever!!!

Thanks again everyone for the support, I got to go see him again and he is making small improvements each day, baby steps I guess you could say, he is now almost off the sedation and ventilator, but still has the trach in so they can suction his lungs because he still has some fluid on them and it keeps him from talking as well, he also still has the feeding tube for now, PT has been working with him as well and had him sitting on the side of his bed for 7 minutes which might not sound like much but they told me that is great, well that is it for now, thanks again everyone!!!!!

I can relate to atleast the pain to see aloved one laying there in the hospital my causin was in a car accident and slipped in a comma for about a month and then recovery was another 6 months or more.... and my gram is in and out of the hospital alot lately.... I am glad to hear he is improving each day!!!

Went to see my bro again yesterday and actually talk to him finally, he was awake and off the ventilator with just oxygen blowing into his tracheotomy, they put a valve in the tracheotomy that allows him to talk, and he had a good looking tech feeding him apple sauce which is the first thing he has gotten to eat since the surgery, they still have the feeding tube in giving him some ensure looking stuff, and he can't have any thing more then a moist mouth swab because they are afraid with the tracheotomy that ice or water might go down into his lungs and set all the progress he has made back. Well that the update for now on his recovery progress and thanks for the continued support and prayers....

Update: My Brother came home from the hospital yesterday, he is still on the weak side but can now walk a short distance with out any help, so he will at least be able to walk around his house and outside a little till he gets stronger, he runs on (2) 4500 mah 14.8 volt lithium ion batteries that hook to a small computer that he wears kinda like a fanny pack, then what they call the the drive line runs from the computer in through his abdomen to the electric pump that moves the blood through his heart and body, one weird thing I found out it that he no longer has a pulse or normal blood pressure. Thanks again for all of your prayers and well wishes.

Here is the surgery he had, IT IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART!!!!!

video starts at about 1 minute in.

[ame]http://youtu.be/I4r5_3uS0Nc[/ame]

Last edited:
Nope, not going to watch any more of that! :hehe: Glad he's home bro.

Glad to hear the great news!

Watched a good 20 seconds of the video and got sick.. i don't know how the doctors do it

Nope, not going to watch any more of that! :hehe: Glad he's home bro.

Glad to hear the great news!

Watched a good 20 seconds of the video and got sick..:puke::sick: i don't know how the doctors do it

added a little for ya NitroRC4Life, LOL!!!!

I did warn you that it was not for the faint of heart, LOL!!!!! i have watched it like 3 times now, did not bother me one bit, LOL!!!!!:D:hehe:

:whhooo: gotta tell ya, it's hard to watch that without using four letter words that would get me in trouble around here. :hehe:

Skipped through it, look sfun, not really but glad to hear hes doing better.

Yeah if it was a movie or something, no biggy to watch, but when its fully real, not that fun lol.

Back