Collari .30 idle problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxxFX

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Ok did I go nitro stupid or what, its been a couple of weeks since I ran my truck, I always use after run oil, my truck runs great until I let off the throttle, it dies immediately, I tried what I know and still! I tried cold, med plugs 30% fuel is what I run, what the hell is the problem!

try to adjust the Idle limit screw... sounds like that is your problem. Open it up to about 2mm and tell me how that works...

yeah i tried that and it still dies

ok, do you have a temp gun? if so, what temp are you running at? Or is there a lot of smoke coming out, or little amount...

Maybe your a little lean or rich.

A). If gas is pouring out of the pipe and you have a clean blue trail of smoke, lean the low end a tad.

B). If you have no blue smoke, the engine is really high piched, righen it up a tad.

What was the weather like when you last ran it? Same temp? Hotter? Colder? Also, what does it do right before it dies ... does it cut right out or gurgle then die?

redhatman said:
ok, do you have a temp gun? if so, what temp are you running at? Or is there a lot of smoke coming out, or little amount...
Don't worry about the temp for now. If it was overheating it wouldn't restart till the engine cooled off.

When it's running, pinch the fuel line about and inch and a half from the fuel inlet. Count how many secs it takes to die. It should be from 3-5 secs. over that and you're too rich on the LSN. Below that and you're too lean.

Ok I'm in FLA I do have a temp, last time it was about 89 now its about 90-93, the temp was about 235 then and now its about 205 about 1/2 a tank, I went inon the LSN and HSN but the same result and it just dies no hesitation, some oil is visible out the exhaust!

found the prob, three aluminum clutch shoes, no springs they we're all broke!

haha, that would be the prob. LOL.