carb not fully opening

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan14

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
on my savage x i have put a K4.6 engine into my car but when i look at the carb seems to not open all the way, and the batteries are fully charged.
Dan

on my savage x i have put a K4.6 engine into my car but when i look at the carb seems to not open all the way, and the batteries are fully charged.
Dan

i had the same problem with 25 engine, i just removed the springs attached to the carb i.e. the one found outside, and voila my carb now fully opens.:cool:

If you can, check the EPA adjustment on the radio. If that doesn't do it, make sure the linkage just barely allows the carb to close all the way to idle when the throttle is released.

If you can, check the EPA adjustment on the radio. If that doesn't do it, make sure the linkage just barely allows the carb to close all the way to idle when the throttle is released.
how can you do the EPA adjustment?

Indusinativictus if i take off my return spring my idle starts to raise, so i kept it on, did that happen to yours?

Is it passable to adjust the throttle linkage if so how can adjust it?

I've fixed my carb i just need to adjust my throttle arm a bit, just need to try it out now.
cheers people :)

I've fixed my carb i just need to adjust my throttle arm a bit, just need to try it out now.
cheers people :)

nope didnt happen to me, well good that's its fixed now. EPA is end point adjustment.=devil