Car Starts, but doesn't move

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could it be the lock on the arm is too close to the screw I have in on the Horn?

I just doubly checked your pics. I can't tell from them. I am not sure what the issue is and is difficult to diagnose on line. I would recommend simply turning the radio system on (without the engine running) and cycle the throttle until you locate the friction point.

I just doubly checked your pics. I can't tell from them. I am not sure what the issue is and is difficult to diagnose on line. I would recommend simply turning the radio system on (without the engine running) and cycle the throttle until you locate the friction point.

That's why I asked what radio he had ,because they have trim adjustments!
They could be out of wack!...:D

That's why I asked what radio he had ,because they have trim adjustments!
They could be out of wack!...:D
I have the trim stuff all in the middle.. It's almost like the thing the screw holds onto to connect it to the arm gets stuck at a certain point

There are certainly multiple issues with this car. Slowly but surely, we will figure them out.

There are certainly multiple issues with this car. Slowly but surely, we will figure them out.
Yep.. About to just give up and get a good brand like Traxxas or something that I know are worth the time because this is getting out of hand.

Yep.. About to just give up and get a good brand like Traxxas or something that I know are worth the time because this is getting out of hand.
Should the throttle be at 0 or 10 on the remote?

The problem i'm having exactly right now to be specific. The throttle goes forward and the gap goes back to 1mm, but the carb doesn't open all the way when I push the throttle. 2nd The horn goes forward but not backward, so there's no breaks. This is is frustrating

Last edited:

The problem i'm having exactly right now to be specific. The throttle goes forward and the gap goes back to 1mm, but the carb doesn't open all the way when I push the throttle. 2nd The horn goes forward but not backward, so there's no breaks. This is is frustrating

What I would do ,is take the servo horn off ,an by hand ,check an see if the throttle lever on the carb moves free an open & closes easy.
If that checks out ok ,then turn on the radio gear with the servo horn still off ,check with transmitter to see if the servo by itself works
back & fourth like it should ,if it does ,then something could be binding it!

Or ,the servo may be shorting out!

I have done all of that baker.. I think like I said the screw or something near it is binding so it doesn't move correctly.. I quit working on it today, will check tomorrow. But I guess I could see if it is bent or something.

You probably need to start over with the linkage. I had similar issues with my Blur. The linkage was all screwed up out of the box. It took a while but I figured it out. Just stick with it, you'll get it right. Also make sure the screw holding the servo arm on is tight. I had one come loose the other day and I had throttle but no brakes. Was an easy fix. I took it off and turned on transmitter and receiver and centered the servo then put arm back on, adjusted linkage and tightened the screw. Works perfect.

You probably need to start over with the linkage. I had similar issues with my Blur. The linkage was all screwed up out of the box. It took a while but I figured it out. Just stick with it, you'll get it right. Also make sure the screw holding the servo arm on is tight. I had one come loose the other day and I had throttle but no brakes. Was an easy fix. I took it off and turned on transmitter and receiver and centered the servo then put arm back on, adjusted linkage and tightened the screw. Works perfect.
I have re-done it today multiple times and can't seem to get it working. BTW I have to have the screw somewhat loose for the throttle to even move else it just kinda glitches out... Could you post a pic of how your horn and linkages look?

Lol....DUDE ,you was holding out ...you had a blur an you didn't try to help!.....
hammer-smash.gif
......:hehe:

I sold it to a buddy a couple months ago. Sorry:(

image.jpeg
I didn't have to mess with brake arm or throttle lever. I had the servo horn come loose.(Plastic T Shaped Part) on the servo. The screw in the middle has to be tight or it just won't work right.

View attachment 19583 I didn't have to mess with brake arm or throttle lever. I had the servo horn come loose.(Plastic T Shaped Part) on the servo. The screw in the middle has to be tight or it just won't work right.
Oh I see what you are saying.. The Blur doesn't have a T one its just an oval shape ig you could say, but I will try and tighten that screw more! Thanks

Are you absolutely sure you have the right horn for that servo? There should be a number of splines that match the servo stem or it just won't seat properly.

Are you absolutely sure you have the right horn for that servo? There should be a number of splines that match the servo stem or it just won't seat properly.
It is the stock servo.. Everything on the car came with it

It is the stock servo.. Everything on the car came with it

If you can find these washer small enough ,you can try using a washer that might keep the screw & horn tight
together ,an also help keep the screw from bottoming out ,which if a screw bottoms out inside the servo ,
it may jam it up ,I've done that before ,an when I backed the screw back out some ,the servo started working!

upload_2017-5-19_19-59-24.png

http://www.ebay.com/p/25232-lock-wa...d-electrics/1800194987?_trksid=p2047675.l2644

Well I think I found the problem.. I think the Servo Gear thing is stripped because if I hold down the throttle for a little bit it will skip and go forward but when I push the breaks it acts like it's not on the gear.. So what exactly would I need to buy to get it working