Car Rolls when idling

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoBao1997

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys,

My Hobao Hyper ST is rolling while the buggy is at idle. it was working fine for about 15 minutes after i started it but then it just stalled and i started it again it has been doing this ever since. I thought that it may be something to do with the clutch or the clutch spring. because if the clutch spring or something like that has broken then it would be engaging immediantly? i dont think it would be any of the needles because it was working shortly before this happend and i did not adjust any.

Any help would be greatly appreciated because i am quite new to nitro buggy's :)

There a 3 options here:
You did not turn radio on before you started the car
You are getting radio disruptions, go to local hobby shop and they will install false start or get a 2.4 radio.
You are running to rich.

If it dies as soon as the wheels hit the ground, there's a good chance it's a clutch spring. It's a very common problem with two-shoe systems. I don't know what kind of clutch system you have though. Also, you may just need to tune for idle, make sure your idle gap is about 1mm, and go from there. But I would look at the clutch spring first.

Check your clutch spring it probaly broke.
:D

thanks for the info guys....i will have a look at the clutch spring tomorrow and see whats happening....if i can't figure it out....I'm off to the hobby shop haha :)

i would also try idel screw and lsn from vibration anything can adjust itself just alittle bit. try adjusting slightly it might be that simple. it would be between that and the clutch's I dont know if yours has 2 or 1 never had one of those before. how fast is it rolling when its idling???

yeah adjust your idle and you should be fine, or sometimes the lsn might be to leean I had that problem with mine if that is to lean its gonna idle high, just like parshly pinching off the gas line you know what I mean???? Cause think about it when you use the pinch test it revs up before it dies and it tries to move away for those few secounds.

is that the buggy as your avatar???

yeah adjust your idle and you should be fine, or sometimes the lsn might be to leean I had that problem with mine if that is to lean its gonna idle high, just like parshly pinching off the gas line you know what I mean???? Cause think about it when you use the pinch test it revs up before it dies and it tries to move away for those few secounds.

is that the buggy as your avatar???

yea it is

looks pretty cool you should upload a better pic of her for us to see what she looks like.

try and start it with out the glow plug (so it turns over but wont actually start) if the wheels spin its the clutch, if they dont its the tuning.

Thanks for all your help guys, I took out the engine and looked at the clutch and the clutch spring had broken. I'm not sure how to fix this as i am new to nitro cars but i will take it to my local hobby store tomorrow :)

new spring is like what 1-2 bucks if they have it there.. and that was a good idea michaelmcgau. I never thought of that... even the new clutch might be 6 bucks.