Camera Tripod?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KillerWabbit

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
I want a tripod for my digital still camera, but I have no idea who makes good ones and what exactly to look for. I also want a remote so I can release the shutter without touching the camera and possibly bluring shots with slower shutter speeds. I have a Sony F717 and it has the two mount holes, so I'd prefer a tripod with two holes too.

The only tripod I have in mind is Sony's VCT-R640. I'm also looking at this remote.

Does $100 sound too expensive for that tripod and remote? If I could get a lot better tripod for $100 alone, I'd probably do that too.

I'm just browsing and will be buying in the next few days. Any suggestions?

I have 3 different tripods that I use for a full size video camera. Ambico and Pro Albinar are 2 you might want to check out. I highly recommend them for stability and endurance.

Use the self timer to take a pic. No need for a remote... Save some $$ and get the best tripod you can afford.

Go to the Sears outlet store for a tripod. My wife just picked one up for $20.00. The tripod fits our Camcorder (Panasonic) and our Cannon Rebel EOS Camera. It has retracting legs and a bag with strip for carrying. It's a great deal.

Scott.

Çh®i§tiªñ said:
Use the self timer to take a pic. No need for a remote...
If it had a 2 second timer, I probably would. It only has a 10 second timer and that will get annoying quick. That would suck for action shots too.

Thanks, Scott. I'll take a look when I go to the mall today.

you would want a very fast shutter for action shots. 1/1000 or something close. you def dont need a tripod for such a fast shutter unless your are going to be using a zoom or telephoto lens.

Killerwabbit, just remember it's the Sears Hardware Outlet not the Sears Store. :cheers:

robriguez said:
you would want a very fast shutter for action shots. 1/1000 or something close. you def dont need a tripod for such a fast shutter unless your are going to be using a zoom or telephoto lens.

I meant that I wouldn't want to try and time the shot with a timer. I'd want the remote so I could release the shutter at the exact moment I needed to. I use slower shutters for a lot of action shots... like cars autocrossing and stuff. Cars in action look weird with super fast shutters because the wheels come out totally stopped.

Last edited:
Back