broken t-maxx 4908

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spike2c

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I was bashing just now going down my drive way and then it just stoped it was still runing and reving but no power to my wheels. I check spur gear center drive shaft and all are fine. It will still go backwards but nothing forward just revs out. Could it be the tranny??:angry:

sounds like a stripped tranny gear or a clutch problem, but only reverse that doesn't sound like a clutch...

ya i just took the tranny apart and there is a stripped gear

does any one know if there are steel tranny gears

how did you get a 4908 with reverse, did you put in a opti drive with servo and reverse gear in it?

The reverse kit is probably why the gear stripped. And/Or an overly tight slipper.

I really like my reverse, and they dont make steel reverse gears that i know of. If anyone knows where i can get steel reverse gears let me know.

well i put the new gears in the tranny and its running real good again. I think the gear in the tranny might have been slipping a little for a while, cause it seems to be running better than it has in a while

Maybe she'll hold together for ya then. I know that a forward only trans is much stronger. It makes for smoother, quicker acceleration too. But I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss reverse sometimes. The pros out way the cons for me though. Best of luck.

well i am reconsidering having reverse it would be nice to have all metal gears in side the tranny and a more powerful truck

well i am reconsidering having reverse it would be nice to have all metal gears in side the tranny and a more powerful truck

Its worth it.. I mean really.. how often do you use reverse?:D

probably more than i should have to;)

Back