Bigger is BETTER (The Sequel)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have some serious fabrication skills, Rolex. Holy crap.

Thanks, man.
I was moving it around yesterday and the rear hatch hit the floor. MO DAMAGE, MO DAMAGE!
However, on the bright side, I've gotten a good start on the doors. Still have to do the armored glass, but one door is almost done.

DSCN2304.jpg

DSCN2313.jpg

DSCN2315.jpg

DSCN2319.jpg

DSCN2323.jpg

Revo parts showed up today. Got them on ebay from a guy in Canada. I think it was $65 U.S. with the shipping. He threw in a box load of extra parts when all I bought were the suspension sections. Even has a radio and rx with battery.
DSCN2312.jpg
Still need some kind of trans.
DSCN2311.jpg

Latest progress. Man, this is time consuming...
DSCN2329.jpg

DSCN2334.jpg

DSCN2338.jpg

Amazing work Ralph! I can't wait to see where this goes, well I know it's going on a shelf, a really big shelf, but you know what I mean. :D

LMAO!
Thanks, Joe. The other big Humm Vee body was a cake walk compared to this one, but other than paint it was pretty much stock.
I still have the doors on the other side to do and then it's on to the armored windshield upgrade. I can't believe I haven't even touched any of the chassis parts yet, but I've already gotten most of the brass to build the frame.

I'll be looking for a twin motor crawler setup if anyone has any recommendations.

Thanks a lot. I just wish I had blue prints. This is the photo I used for the doors. All the hinges are on, now, just have the door handles and the armored window frames left on this side.
I can't find a picture of the OTHER side. I don't know what to do. :cry::rolleyes:

almelo-1.jpg

Are you going to be using the Slayer A-arms for a more 1:1 appearance?

Last edited:
Are you going to be using the Slayer-type arms for a more 1:1 appearance?
I already had the Slayer A-arms here before the Revo suspension arrived. That's the way I set up the other Big H1. It gave me the independent suspension of the real thing plus the exact width I needed to look right.
hb6.jpg

By the way, I think I was only kidding about not knowing what to do on the other side. Same thing I did on one I'll do on the other. :confused:

Finished the driver's side. Door handles on, armor plate on the bottom frame complete with rivets on frame and doors.
DSCN2342.jpg

Got the right side doors finished and mounted. These were done in ALL styrene since they got the size I needed back in stock. It went a lot quicker than doing them with wood, like the other side. I also decided to go with an armored roof since I'm leaning towards adding the roof turret.
DSCN2350.jpg
DSCN2355.jpg

When it's mounted, that lip on the armored roof actually goes under the rain rails and locks the roof in place.
DSCN2357.jpg

DSCN2362.jpg

B-B-B-Bad to the bone.
DSCN2365.jpg

All the raised details like the roof light and mounts on the bottom of the windows have been ground off and are ready for the armored glass frames.

Last edited:
Likewise, since there's not another one like this in this scale. I'm working on the windshield now and it's really starting to look like a major battle wagon. I'm really looking forward to getting out my new Pasche Vision airbrush and doing the camo.
paasche-vision-airbrush-8.jpg

....AND, it was a freebie. I'm doing some weathering detail on a 4' tugboat and I got this as partial payment. :celebrate:
I've been wanting this one for a long time, but it's hard to justify spending over $200 when you already have 9 different airbrushes.
DSCN2378.jpg

The new one is on the right, still in it's hermetically sealed, dust proof case. :hehe:
DSCN2374.jpg

Meanwhile, got a start on the armored windshield frame...
DSCN2369.jpg

DSCN2373.jpg

DSCN2381.jpg

Got the A-arms painted
DSCN2383.jpg

Cutting Styrene rings and things...
DSCN2385.jpg

DSCN2387.jpg

A little more riveting
DSCN2390.jpg

...and suddenly there's a gun turret on the armored roof.
DSCN2392.jpg

The long piano hinge is a solid brass rod with grooves cut in it with a Dremel cut off blade.
Suddenly? About 7 hours worth of work but now there's nothing left but painting it.
DSCN2393.jpg

So what are you going to mount on the ring? My vote is for a MK-XIX grenade launcher or M-2HB.

Back