Best Motor?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

black4x4

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
whats the best motor for the tmaxx (4908). Is that Axial .28 any good?

people have mixed views. some love it, some hate it. IMO if you get a BB chassis thats the best cheap Big block out there

The .28 your talking about is a good engine i have heard nothing but good things about them i havn't ran one. As for being for a tmaxx i dont really know about that one.

whats the best motor to get then, i heard of a O.S. motor but forgot it. Is that any good?

Its the picco not O.S. (dont know where got O.S. from?) the ofna picco JL red dot something like that is that a good motor

yes the picco is a good engine also when you said OS i thought you meant the OS .21TM which is also a good drop in engine

You can go with an O.S. 18 tm,out go with a Traxxas 3.3 is a good motor.These are small block motors tho.These motors push a Tmaxx very well.

Unless you are planning on spending the money on upgrading the drivetrain as well as the engine(or already have), what I have seen is that the 3.3 is about all that the stock drivetrain can handle. The U-joints start to distort right after you are finished breaking in the engine and fine tuning it. The O.S 18tm appears to have about the same power as the 3.3, and the picco red dot has oodles of power if your drivetrain can take it.

Unless you are planning on spending the money on upgrading the drivetrain as well as the engine(or already have), what I have seen is that the 3.3 is about all that the stock drivetrain can handle. The U-joints start to distort right after you are finished breaking in the engine and fine tuning it. The O.S 18tm appears to have about the same power as the 3.3, and the picco red dot has oodles of power if your drivetrain can take it.

Its almost more than it can handle..I just replaced mine and the axles...I have had it clocked at 53mph on pavement. Thats screamin for a t-maxx...

O.S.21tm is what is in my 4908 lots of power and it hold a tune very well

If you want a good engine that holds a tune, is a breeze to tune and will last a long long long time, look at the mach 427 from dynamite.

If you want a good engine that holds a tune, is a breeze to tune and will last a long long long time, look at the mach 427 from dynamite.

I just heard about this motor today.Is it a good strong motor?

oh thanks guys, will the 4908 hold up with that Red dot

offna picco .26 max FASTTTT but its to much for stock parts.. drive line spur gears tranny... I've replaced them all