Best Hobby Website?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_newbie

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
OK, so i want to know who you guys prefer for buying a rc car, or boat from the internet? Yes i know theres always a risk of buying online, but my local hobby shops dont carry the boat i want. I've read many reviews for some sites, some are good, and some are bad? Which one is the best? p.s I want a supervee27 nitro. I live out side of Philly,if you know a shop that has aquacraft.

AMainhobbies is IMO the best for rigs and parts, but not building supplies.

I am less and less a fan of Towerhobbies and just recently decided to discontinue use of their services.

For me, Stormerhobbies has been A+ and just as timely as AMain but their checkout is cumbersome and they don't yet use Paypal.

I have allways had good luck with towerhobbies other than the fact that it is hard to find what your looking for, thats why i like rc planet

For me though cash is always short so I look for the best price. With Tower you can join the super savers club($9.99) and get some savings codes and free shipping. On complete rigs,you can usually save $50-$60 over other sites.

I'm a fan of nitrohouse.com. Good service, and if you screw up and place two orders in the same day, he'll combine the orders and refund the shipping for on of the orders.

I like Stormerhobbies best. Their standard shipping of 7.95 is actually priority mail and is always cheaper than Amainhobbies. Stormer usually has better prices too. Both typically ship same day. As mentioned earlier, Stormer's checkout is cumbersome.

For parts, I dredge my way through liquidrc.com, horrible site, but prices on parts are ok and $1 shipping is hard to complain about. Usually takes a full 5 days to get to me, but I try to plan ahead a bit.

Also do a ton of ebay shopping for RC's, but usually only buy from sellers that have 100 or more positive feedback.

best website? one is rc universe, and this site. all the rest are child sand boxs

OK, so i want to know who you guys prefer for buying a rc car, or boat from the internet? Yes i know theres always a risk of buying online, but my local hobby shops dont carry the boat i want. I've read many reviews for some sites, some are good, and some are bad? Which one is the best? p.s I want a supervee27 nitro. I live out side of Philly,if you know a shop that has aquacraft.

as long as you don't buy nitro online! Nitro (At least around here) is about 1/3 of the price in hobbytown usa (closest hobby shop for me) as it is online

I usually buy from ebay, Superior hobbies, Hop me up, and Jenny's rc sports to name a few. Never had a problem and the shipping is silly fast. I use Tower in a pinch, but they're soliciting and generally aggressive marketing pisses me off!

My Lhs is not very L if ya know what I mean.;)

as long as you don't buy nitro online! Nitro (At least around here) is about 1/3 of the price in hobbytown usa (closest hobby shop for me) as it is online

they are 40-50 bucks more than online here after shipping

I usually buy from ebay, Superior hobbies, Hop me up, and Jenny's rc sports to name a few. Never had a problem and the shipping is silly fast. I use Tower in a pinch, but they're soliciting and generally aggressive marketing pisses me off!

My Lhs is not very L if ya know what I mean.;)

I've used all those ebay sellers. They are fantastic.
And Tower Hobbies' excessive newsletters are annoying.
But i do most of my tire research on their site. :)

Back