Bashed a little today.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1 on the aluminum bulkheads.. maybe even a hinge pin kit..

but like others have said.. STAY away from alloy susp. arms. RPMs are definitly the way to go! They flex a whole lot more than the stock plastic ones..
I had the Integy bulkheads (F+R) in my maxx... but only the stock arms.. did pretty well! never had any problems with them

Thats what you call a crash? that'll polish out, dont you worry:D only joking! wow that did quite a bit of damage!

Thats what you call a crash? that'll polish out, dont you worry:D only joking! wow that did quite a bit of damage!

Yeah the pics at the first.. I hit a drain pipe going prolly 15 to 20 mph

ya i managed to somehow break my rear bulkheads where it attaches to the bumper. funny thing is that the RPM bumper is just fine but the bulkheads both died. i sort of dont want to bother to have to take everything apart in the rear to put in a replacement bulk. right now i have my brothers stock plastic ones when he upgraded. so i figure ill use those first till they die and get aluminum after that for the bulks

this thread makes me not feel so bad after all. I was a bit down when my bud hit a curb in teh local parking lot the other night, blew out the passenger front steering knuckle. gave me a good excuse to get some new aluminum ones. Half the fun for me is ordering new parts when they break.LOL

Learning The Hard Way

Well, I just learned the hard way:angry:. Did you know that you can install the @#$% front Differential assembly in rotated to where the rear wheels go forward while the front wheels go backwards?:redface:? works just fine until you set it on the ground. I tore down the front differential to clean and inspect the gears while I had it out replacing the bulkheads and arms, when I put the collar back on the pinion I got the alignment studs that go into the bulkheads rotated 180 degrees and put everything back to run. Ya, It run all right except on the ground the front wheels were trying to push backwards while the rear were trying to push forwards.LOL Now that will make you back up and go to the thinking pot..All is fixed and working now just waiting for the steering servo rebuild kit and we will be back to breaking something else...We just have to laugh and go on to the next problem.....

Well, I just learned the hard way:angry:. Did you know that you can install the @#$% front Differential assembly in rotated to where the rear wheels go forward while the front wheels go backwards?:redface:? works just fine until you set it on the ground. I tore down the front differential to clean and inspect the gears while I had it out replacing the bulkheads and arms, when I put the collar back on the pinion I got the alignment studs that go into the bulkheads rotated 180 degrees and put everything back to run. Ya, It run all right except on the ground the front wheels were trying to push backwards while the rear were trying to push forwards.LOL Now that will make you back up and go to the thinking pot..All is fixed and working now just waiting for the steering servo rebuild kit and we will be back to breaking something else...We just have to laugh and go on to the next problem.....

Yeah I've done it a couple time. I caught it before I ran it though. It has too look weird with the wheels fighting each other to go in diffrent directions.

That vid was cool to watch - your Maxx gets with the program! :)

That vid was cool to watch - your Maxx gets with the program! :)

Thanks, I've got a few more vids but I'm trying to get a collague going, but my vid editor is busted. THat HPI is a bad mofo. I adjusted the shift point now so it hits second quicker. Its now pulling wheelies hitting second in the yard. It doesn't on the street though. It just hauls rectum. :smoke: The problem is I have broke 8 driveshafts in a gallon and half of nitro. I've ordered the stronger driveshafts from Rc Alloys. A couple members from here have recommended them so I'm going to give them a shot.