baja 5t, baja 5b or a used modified baja 5b

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitro_desert

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
i want to get one of them... the baja 5t goes for 1550 at my lhs and the baja 5b goes for 1370...what's the difference bitween them? they both have the same engine...and the used modified baja 5b ss goes for 1100 so i dont know what to get...i might go for the used one because its modified but I'm afraid it might get wrecked too fast or it has problems..what do you guys say? and hey do bajas get wrecked fast?

From what I've seen and heard, Bajas are pretty tough, wouldnt know about the engine life tho sorry

you can find them cheaper than that if your in the us

Baja 5B rtr is about 950. Baja SS kit is around 900. Baja 5T is around 1300. these are including shipping from DDM to conus.

now which one is the tricky part. you will need to toss a bit more money on a new one to make it a bit more durable regardless of which one you buy.
new radio system for any of them. buy a 2.4 radio like the Futaba 3PM or Nomadio React and now worry about radio issues again. you ll want a motor kill switch to kill the motor in the event of low battery, major glitch, rip the rx batts out ect... it kills the motor, motor isnt running car can't run away, Great 40.00 investment after a 2.4 radio system.
from there i depends alot on what you want to do and how you drive. easy and smooth like an rcer, or wild and crazy like you were in it driving for your life? lol

you can get some Very nice units in various forms of upgrades for 900 to 2000 or a bit more depending. infact, i have my mean green build i will be cleaning up and putting up for sale to buy a 5T. its pretty highly modified and wont be the cheapest for sale, nor the most expensive one, but will be in very good condition and ready to use with a radio system.

why are you getting the 5t? everyone is selling the 5bs to get the 5t?? what is the difference? they both have the same engine and chassis? why get it then...its only a body change..

I am selling my 5b ss. I will sell it to you $800 shipped. Everything you need to make it go except gas. Run perfect and is very tough! You will be impressed with the toughness of any Baja.

Couldn't you just buy the 5t body and wheels and make the 5b into a 5t?

I am selling my 5b ss. I will sell it to you $800 shipped. Everything you need to make it go except gas. Run perfect and is very tough! You will be impressed with the toughness of any Baja.

Shipped to the United Arab? Thats gona cost a pretty penny. Overseas shipping on a 30lb + package.

there are a lot for bajas for sale here...32cc..paddle tires all heavy duty stuff, headers...you name it..and best of all there all made for the desert,,but i still can't buy used things..i always have a feeling that the pre owner tortured it before selling it...its just me...so you didnt answer my question..why go for the 5t?

because it is new and pretty.

haha can't beat that excuse! so why would you want to mod all over again? why dont you just custom fit the body on your 5b? and hey i relized if i get the 5t i would have a lot of problems with looks and sand going all over the chassis lol...cause i want to put sand paddles on them...imagine a truck with sand paddles lol looks wierd :p and the sand would all go straight under the body from the rooster tails lol

I think the trucks look f'n badass with paddles on them.
P1100001.jpg

Thanks to Nitroghost for the pic.

I think the trucks look f'n badass with paddles on them.
P1100001.jpg

Thanks to Nitroghost for the pic.

that's probly the set up they were using in that ultimate Slash video when they were pulling wheelies across the sand dunes, that was bad a$$...

Last edited by a moderator:
nice video! thanx! still looks wierd tho :p if the 5t was 4wd then i would of got it ...so i think ill just get the 5b...I've seen how they drive on sand....they wheelie all the way up a sand dune! great car!

Yeah shipping would be a lot! Was just tryin to be a nice guy.

That is a sick slash by the way. I got a lot of sand in the creek behind me that would make great fun of it.

Except a well running Baja. Once you run one of those bad boys you'll never go back to nitro and electrics are a distant second.