baja 5b carb settings

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxx.v.savage

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
ok guys about two weeks or so ago i had purchased a used but in very good condition baja 5b with lots of new hop ups and upgrades. it has a 29cc engine with a dominator pipe and was running great for about 3 tanks of fuel. i had put it away for about 4 days and tried to start it up again. but things didnt turn out so well when i found out that the spark plug had failed so i called my local napa dealer and the deliverd me one in less then 5 mins, now thats good service:D .

i set the space in the spark plug to exact specs of the old one, but the buggy did not want to start. i had my fiend help me work on it for he knows much more than me on the situation. he checked to see if the spark plug was making a spark, and it was. he found out the hard way when his hand was on a piece of metal and he was electrocuted :hehe: . we had gotten it started and the idle and low end are fine but top end isnt right. he said it seemed to rich so we leaned it out but right when it sounded the way it used to be it had lost all of its power. and was not its former self. i have check many sites for carb settings and so far none of then have worked :\ . i NEED HELP :(:(:( .

Sounds like the problem I'm having. Mine started right up and run like crazy for 15 mins or so, then stalled in the middle of a feild, now I can't get it to start again. I though my arm was going to fall off by the time I gave up on it. Did an awesome cartwheel before it quit though! lol

i think i might be able to fix that, you might have had to much fuel in the engine and it flooded thus flooding the spark plug, pull it out and see if theres and black crud on the end if so it was to rich and you may need a new spark plug now, and time to lean a little :)

I tried a new plug and it seems to be blowing a large amount of gas out at the top of motor. I'm taking it apart farther to investigate where exactly is is coming from later tonight. Do you know where I can get an exhaust gasket for a 30cc Exceed engine? I can't find one on their website, or on Redcats website, or at the local small engine parts stores.. Thinking of making one.