ATV guys, need some info on a blaster!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their pretty old so the suspension leaves lots to be desired, I think they were air cooled instead of liquid cooled too....pretty cheap though.

well it depends if you know anything about quads and two strokes.. my brother had one and new a lot abut them and still even he was tuning it and fixing it more than having fun with it... All i can say is if ur a beginner or not 4 stroke is the way to go... 2 strokes are sweet. very torquey and sound sweet but too much maintenance to have fun with...

The blaster (if i remember correctly) was yamaha's answer to a hybrid "race/offroad" bike. They are a lot of fun, but are not too comfortable of a ride. That one looks clean. Depending on how it runs, could be a great deal. Kinda old though...

arent they pretty small to?

I'm with the majority on this one. there are a lot of nicer bikes available.

its more the price that attracts me, I talked him down to 725, he says the motor is almost brand new too. I'm going to ride it tomorrow or sunday I'll look a little more though.

Thanks!

Yeah thats a good price, especially if its rebuilt recently.

If you do get it, make sure your COMPLETELY sure the engine was just rebuilt. Even if he says everything is ready to go, change the transmission oil and spark plug to be sure. Make sure you run 32:1 mix, and if the injector is still on their, REMOVE it using the vito's block off kit and premix. They oil injectors are known to fail and fry your top end. Run good 2 stroke oil like Klots Supertechniplate, or Maxima Castor 927. Listen for any pings or knocks in the engine...Also test ride it before you buy it and make sure it shifts through al six gears smoothly. Blasters are very finicky when purchasing used. I don't know what year it is because the posting has been removed but if its an 03+ you got good Hydro brakes...If its an 88-02 you have crappy drum brakes. The brakes were the worst things on blasters 88-02. Thats all i can think of now.

Last edited:
He had the 3 receipts for all the work just done on the motor, and within the last month he's dropped a little over 500 bucks into the engine, I went the street to moto-source, the place that did the work and they told me that it's got a whole new engine on it and an aftermarket carb, I don't remember the brand, anyway I bought it two days ago and I've been driving the crap out of it. It's an 01'. He also gave me a brand new banshee rear axle, said it would be better if I wanted to put it on.

Oh and what's a good tire pressure to run?

Their awesome little bikes i rode one forever now i have the yfz...

If its not already done.. get reeds for the carb.. different air filter and and exhaust
they will make it run like crazy
also +1 on the removal of the oil injector... we run about 5psi in our tires

yea, he deleted it when I bought it, Thanks.