ATTN All RCNT Members 21 & Over!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

What is your College Education Level?

• Graduate Degree

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Bachelors Degree

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • Associates Degree

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • Currently Attending (JR or SR only)

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Did Not Attend College

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Criminal Justice (Union County College)
Computer Info. Systems (DeVry College)

No college degrees

BS in Aerospace Engineering from Penn State.

Currently working dual Masters in two Information Systems related degrees from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey California (distant learning program). I'll probably wrap up the degrees with a year long stay in Cali...have to decide when I want to do that.

Monterey is Heaven on Earth. What a great place to be stationed.
If I recall its only an hour or so drive from Hunters place. :radio:

That is correct. My father was stationed there for almost seven years. As a kid, I loved the place. When I get a chance to come out there to wrap up my studies, research and thesis to complete my degrees, I will be looking up all you Cali bubbas to do some bashing West Coast style. This may occur a few years down the road as the Navy is only allowing me to do the distant learngin thing while they keep me busy on this coast...but, I will eventually have to come to Cali to finish.

Sky - i was stationed in Monterey for a year during my Linguistics Schooling. It is a pretty place, but the school was so arduous that i never got to see much of it.

Originally posted by SkyMaxx
BS in Aerospace Engineering from Penn State.

Currently working dual Masters in two Information Systems related degrees from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey California (distant learning program). I'll probably wrap up the degrees with a year long stay in Cali...have to decide when I want to do that.

Love Monterey!!! Its a shame all those tree's are dying though. We need to hook up if you come that close! Westside!

Associates degree in Architectural design and development.

Started as a Criminal Justice, But who the hell knew that I was so into drawing stuff!!!!

Bachelors in Telecommunications..working on a degree on business and electronics

Going on 3 years for a 2 year degree!!!!!! The comm. coll. kept changing requirements for the class.

So I quit. It gets old going to school for nothing. Appeals and everything, nothing worked. Only had 5 more classes to graduate.

Look school is an important part in getting to a better life. Not everyone has money to begin with.Most people have to work hard even really hard to get what they want!

No College.... And everyday I dress up in my costume and head off to the big refinery I kick myself in the ass!!!!! I take my son past my work once in awhile just to remind him why he will be going to school.. :) The smell alone makes him a believer!

Originally posted by jon2
Look school is an important part in getting to a better life. Not everyone has money to begin with.Most people have to work hard even really hard to get what they want!

My parents were dirt poor and I had no job and money. I got my Pell Grant, Cal Grant, and got loans for the rest. I pulled myself up by my bootstraps. The only thing that stands in your way of doing anything is yourself.:tophat:

Originally posted by humboldtblazer

My parents were dirt poor and I had no job and money. I got my Pell Grant, Cal Grant, and got loans for the rest. I pulled myself up by my bootstraps. The only thing that stands in your way of doing anything is yourself.:tophat:

See That is what I am talking about. It is all up to you to get yourself through school.Sure parents help you through till your high scool years maybe even your college but who is the one actually doing it all? never forget that life is too short for waiting around ..GO and make it on your own!!!

No college.
Graduated High School at 8:00 pm on a Friday night in 1980. Was in Boot Camp Monday morning at 4:30 am. Spent six years in the Army as a helicopter crewman.

1987 I became a CATV sub contractor doing splicing work and installs.

1990. I started my own Wire Service company which I mostly did wire removal for CSX and Northfork & Southern Railroads. Which took me and my men all over the eastern US.

1998. Sold out to another company that made an offer to good to pass up. Moved to NC and went to work as a Furnace operator for a brass foundry that supplies Ball valves for a wide market.

2001. Moved to WV. went to work for Toyota machining Crank shafts for V6 engines.

2002. Bought 50% of a Hobby Shop from a guy that retired. Don't ask.. :contract: I only visit it twice a month to check the books and approve inventory restocking orders.

2003. Retired myself and started a small landscaping company to have something to do.

People find it a little odd that I got rid of 99% of our RC models and stuff and then end up owning half of a hobby shop..

Must be nice to be retired under 45 ;)

BRavo!

I'm setting my sites their too. Then enjoy life for a while.....

42.. LOL
When I did the railroad contract work. They paid me $1,500 per mile of wire that I tore down. Then I had to remove the wire and get rid of it. With it being mostly copper wire. I sold it at the time for $1.49 lb to a company in MI or NC.

I averaged selling 45,000 to 50,000 pounds of copper a week.

I did have a lot of expense with operation.
Wages, insurance, worker comp, unemployment, trucks, equiptment, fuel, oil, supplies, motels, food, phone. And good bonuses for the guys that got the job done.

I had the accountant to place me on a $1000.00 a week salary. And that is what we lived on. The rest was divided and put into two accounts. One for retiring and the other was what the company operated on.

What do you clasify as college? Are we talking about the place some people go to learn things that they´ll need in the real world? Or the Animal house type of college where you go to pass the time and deny the fact you need to become a useful member of society?

HSD (high school diploma) :loser: Probably why I'm a assistant manager at a gas station.

Originally posted by nitro zombie
HSD (high school diploma) :loser: Probably why I'm a assistant manager at a gas station.

B.S.! I dropped out and joined the service. Now I'm the Vice President of one of the largest accounts receivable firms in the country. Its a matter of will.

And for the record, Bill Gates dropped out too!

Dont put yourself in the category of looser. The only looser is the person who doesn't even try.