Are SC Trucks The same under the hood as trucks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
timex-keeps-on-ticking.jpg

owww oowww ooooooWWWWW OOOOOOWWWW IT HURTS!

I'm pretty sure they wont let you run it in that class.But you'll find by just taking the dog bones out its gona handle like total crap the balance is different and steering geometry is too.DON'T EVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT!:angry:p:

I'm pretty sure they wont let you run it in that class.But you'll find by just taking the dog bones out its gona handle like total crap the balance is different and steering geometry is too.DON'T EVER BRING A KNIFE TO A GUN FIGHT!:angry:p:

yeah, but it beats not racing at all :\

Do they have 1/8 stadium trucks at your track? They don't here,if I want to race my 1/8 SC8 I have to run in the open buggy class. :\

Every stadium truck race i have seen has been 1/10 scale.

Every stadium truck race i have seen has been 1/10 scale.

Inconsistancy in the industry. To me, a "stadium truck" is a truck as it's been for the past 20 years. 1:10 scale RWD only. AE RC10s, Losi XXX-T's etc., but sometimes I see truggies marketed as "stadium trucks". No wonder this thread is so incoherent.

I dont really understand the whole question he is asking. I mean i understand what he wants to do, but dont see how ANY track or respectable shop will allow different rigs with the lid of the class they are running into their race. Thats like a monster truck race allowing a buggy with a t-maxx body run in the race. Its just ignorance to believe that this kid will get away with running his rig, not in the class, in a sanctioned race.

I agree with ya lessen. But like I've said, I've seen a bunch of races, and have never seen anything but 1/10 considered a true stadium truck.

What he is asking to do is similar to what Randy has to do in order to run his SC8. There really is not a class that is being run that fits his vehicle but the class in question is the closest thing to it. He'll just be at a pretty big disadvantage. I think he just wants to run, being competitive is not really the goal right now.

What he is asking to do is similar to what Randy has to do in order to run his SC8. There really is not a class that is being run that fits his vehicle but the class in question is the closest thing to it. He'll just be at a pretty big disadvantage. I think he just wants to run, being competitive is not really the goal right now.

yeah, that's pretty much it. I wanna get some practice in, then when I'm good enough, I'll buy a stadium truck, and REALLY race