Are SC Trucks The same under the hood as trucks?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lgeisz

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Just curious, because I found out that most places don't have nitro SC truck racing, just electric. I was wondering if I could retrofit a truck body and have it work.

Sounds great.:confused:

I have no idea what your talking about or wanting to do.

Would I be able to retrofit a truck body to my SC truck and have it run on the truck racing, cuz My race track doesn't run nitro SC trucks

You want to put an SC body on a nitro stadium truck and race it alongside electric SC??? No. Those two types of vehicles are not the same style chassis

You want to put an SC body on a nitro stadium truck and race it alongside electric SC??? No. Those two types of vehicles are not the same style chassis

no, i have a nitro SC truck, and wanna flip the body with a stadium truck and run it as one for racing

I am still lost...are you trying to do a nitro to electric conversion? Swap body shells? Put a shell from an electric on a nitro and hope it makes it electric? Ok wait...you are wanting to use a stadium truck body on a short course? Yeah....Green on Tuesdays unless it is Thursday and and it is full moon and or high tide and unless the Prince of Wales has a bunion then it is 11 o'clock when the bells ring. You may be asking what the heck that means.....are are all asking that about the rest of the thread too.
5554-brick_tamland_quot_anchorman_quot.jpg

Last edited:
Ohhh. You want to put your nitro SC truck body on your electric stadium truck and run the stadium truck (with SC body) with the electric SC class.?.?

Yes, the chassis are similar. There might be dimension differences but an rc SC truck is essentially a stadium truck with a different body and some other extras, but yes you are correct. They are very similar under the hood. I second Racer's suggestion. Ask the track operators if that is ok.

PS - You REALLY need to do a better job of clarifying your questions. These other guys are getting quite fed up with your apparant lack of helping folks help you. I am close. Details man, details.

Ohhh. You want to put your nitro SC truck body on your electric stadium truck and run the stadium truck (with SC body) with the electric SC class.?.?

Yes, the chassis are similar. There might be dimension differences but an rc SC truck is essentially a stadium truck with a different body and some other extras, but yes you are correct. They are very similar under the hood. I second Racer's suggestion. Ask the track operators if that is ok.

PS - You REALLY need to do a better job of clarifying your questions. These other guys are getting quite fed up with your apparant lack of helping folks help you. I am close. Details man, details.

no. you STILL have it backwards. I have a nitro SC truck. Most tracks (Mine included) don't have a class for nitro SC trucks. my Question is can I put a stadium truck body on my nitro SC truck and mascarade as a nitro stadium truck?

Yes you can. It won't fly with the organizers if the stadium truck class is 2wd though. Maybe if you take the front drive parts off.

Yes you can. It won't fly with the organizers if the stadium truck class is 2wd though. Maybe if you take the front drive parts off.

ok, I'll have to look into it, but I'm pretty sure the 1/10 nitro stadium truck class is 4wd, but thanks! yeah, if it isn't I'll probably just remove the front dog bonez :)

no. you STILL have it backwards. I have a nitro SC truck. Most tracks (Mine included) don't have a class for nitro SC trucks. my Question is can I put a stadium truck body on my nitro SC truck and mascarade as a nitro stadium truck?

Finally. That should have been your first post.

but I'm pretty sure the 1/10 nitro stadium truck class is 4wd

I'm pretty sure its not. 2wd is the general standard for stadium trucks.

The only 4x4 stadium truck I know of that would hold up to racing is Thunder Tiger's. XXX-T Sparrow Hawk I believe. And they're far more popular over seas. If you know of others, I'd sure like to know. Been wanting one for 15 years....

The only 4x4 stadium truck I know of that would hold up to racing is Thunder Tiger's. XXX-T Sparrow Hawk I believe. And they're far more popular over seas. If you know of others, I'd sure like to know. Been wanting one for 15 years....

I'll find out if my SC truck can, even though I kinda doubt it... :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: