Anyone hear of the cold heat soldering tool?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i saw that on a infomercial and was wondering if it was anygood sounds a little to good to be true!!!if you get it let us know I'm very curious

I saw that too and wondered how well it works as it looks like it makes soldering a snap. Someone buy it and guinee pig it for the rest of us!

Let us know how it works if you purchase it. I always seem to burn my self when I solder. lol

lmao - I brought this up at the bash because I was wonderring the same as everyone else.

DOES IT REALLY WORK!?!?!?!

can't wait for someone to chime in and let us know, as I suck at solderring already, and they show a pic of a housewife using it to repair circuit boards. It sounds like the tool for me hehehe

Çh®i§tiªñ said:
they show a pic of a housewife using it to repair circuit boards.

Goes to show you how bogus the ads are. Buy your wife a cold soldering tool and suddenly she knows how to troubleshoot and repair a circuit board.

It seems interesting. I'm just wondering if there's special solder needed, and if not, what's nice about it is how quickly the tip cools down.

I use a tool like that just much bigger at work.It sends a feild thru a windsheild and only heats up the metal.I think they use the same idea. http://www.inductor2000.com/

We have one at work, the boss bought it after one of our really bright workers left a iron on all night and melted a table lol.

It works in a sense, the solder the tool uses isnt as conductive as normal solder, i guess the extra resistance causes the soldered joint to heat up and will actually melt electric tape if used in a higher current application.

DO NOT USE THIS TOOL TO SOLDER RC BATTERIES/MOTORS !!!

Back