Delaware Anybody been to First State Hobbies lately?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@DavidB1126 i just found this on the fb page.

“There will be no dates i assume until all inspections are passed. This is not like your normal underground RC facility. 90% of rc track we have seen in the tri-state area are not officially open for large occupancy (legally). Most of the track outdoor are illegal and most of the indoor i have seen are illegal. (No Fire Inspections ,Insurance or Occupancy") First state being in a major shopping facility will have to follow all rules and regulations of the state and county. I am in the airsoft and paintball industry and my customers inspections will sometimes take years for them to get fully open and certified. If they tell you a date it will just be inaccurate and cause more issues. It's all based on every inspection. Electric , fire , plumbing etc. and you work at county and state inspector pace. Once you fail something you have to pay someone to go redo it and then call inspector back. I have nothing to do with first state other than a customer but i just have seen this many times over my 15 years of doing this type of stuff. I am sure the owner of first state who has my guess 200 / 300k invested in this project wants the place open more then all of us , so he can stop paying rent for two facilities and start to recover some of his investment. The positive news is once this place is open legally it will be open for a long period of time and it will look professional as the smaller facility has.”

Last edited:
Back