Any problems w/ MP 7.5?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvec7

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
A while ago, I posted a thread about problems w/ the Kyosho MP 7.5 Sport RTR: https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19262

I am wondering now if there is anything that is weak or whatever on the Kyosho MP 7.5. It's mainly the diffs I'm worried about. Not the Kanai, and not the sport, just the regular MP 7.5.

I kinda need to know in a hurry, because I am arranging a trade w/ some one, and it's either a MP 7.5 nicley upgraded, or a HB Lightning Pro 2 w/ a Fantom FR27. (Both come fully RTR)

Last edited:
Sorry, should've said, "it's mainly durablility on the diffs that I'm worried about"

And the first link, is the sports buggy, I'm talking about the regular MP 7.5, not the kanai, and not the sports. The seccond link has nothing to do w/ durability...

the mp 7.5 is a great buggy.. little things.. like ugrading to ball bearing steering is something you could do.. but as far as durability... the buggy is great.. get some good thick shock towers.. and some chassis braces.. and your done..

racers edge has some good ones.. fioroni is good.. some nice ones on ebay..

From what I hear, it doesn't take much to upgrade those buggies to be just as durable and beefy as the Kanai version more or less. I don't know first hand, but that is what I have heard.

yeah.. nothing much to upgrade on the kit form.. i would just get some good shock towers.. and chassis braces.. other than that.. the diffs are the same as the kanai other than the LSD in the front.. ball bearings.. and the kanai comes with all the pretty blue..

and some other goodies..

Yeah the diff main gears are the same hardened steel ones as in the kanai editions. For the most part the regular 7.5 is pretty good kit, I used to own one before I picked up a K2. ----------> The diff issues etc are with the sports editions, NOT the regular edition. The regular is like a kanai stripped of the fancy stuff, but in the guts is still a highend kit.

The only things i'd reccomend upgrading are

Chassis braces and shocktowers (as said above)

and the main issue I had was breaking 3mm shafts, upgrading to the K2 3.5's would be a really good move.

Once thats done the car is sweet.
--udi

Back