Another Hat to throw into the ring...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kinger

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey, I have been recently looking into jumping into this as a hobby. However, I dont know which road to go. I know it will be a monster truck but I dont know what brand. I have heard that the T Maxx is the best of the best creame of the crop. Knowing me Mods are in the future so I would like something that is easily mod able and can really cook any suggestions?

Welcome!!!!

I think you're going to find here that the majority of us own either a Maxx or a Savage (or both). I own a Maxx and I love it. I've modified mine quite a bit. There are a TON of aftermarket parts available for it. You can essentially make a Maxx out of aftermarket parts (ask Christian or FastEddy). It's rock solid and is quite nible for a MT. But the Savage is getting great reviews here. So I'll let a Savage owner jump in and fill you in on that.

kinger - if u really delve into a variety of sources u will most likely find out that the Savage, not the Tmaxx is the king of the hill. The ongoing question of structural integrity on the Tmaxx has been an issue. You did, however, mention that you were interested in doing lots of hop ups. If that is the case, then the maxx might be the way to go. FastEddy and Christian here on this site are building tmaxx's from the ground up, with out using any tmaxx parts. what does that tell u about aftermarket support for that sucker? However, please keep in mind, that the savage does seem to be a better all around performer, no matter what the magazines say. Along with that, I have several friends who have continuous problems with their maxx's as well. get the opinion of eddy on his tmaxx, and the opinion of Skymaxx on his savage and tmaxx. Both of them have a wealth of info, and are not biased. Good luck!

XXX NT

My Friend just bought the XXX NT by Team losi. We got to run it this past week. I like it. Has a lot of speed jumps very well so now i am wondering if I should go with that or try for a monster truck? Any suggestions? :poke:

are you planning on racing it or just bashing?

what areas do you have to run? A mt will be much more versatile as to where you can run it.

Check with your local hobby shop and if you plan on racing your local track. See what the hobby shop stocks parts for, it sucks waiting around for parts to be ordered while everyone else is out running. Also see what evereyone else is running at the track, it would suck to buy a monster if everyone else is running and racing stadium trucks, and vice versa. If your friend has a xxxnt you might want to consider a st so you can run together.

If you go with a stadium truck the XXXNT is a great choice as is the RC10GT.

I have a ST and Just recently got a Tmaxx. My ST is much more agile and faster with a OS15cvx. But I got uset to the Tmaxx and like it alot cause of the big wheels and trick suspension. Whatever you decide to get you will be happy with!

Back